Monday, April 29, 2013

A Blog Where I Am Reminded That Indeed The Freaks Do Come Out At Night

Yep, I am paraphrasing an old song from 80's rap group Whodini and yep, this past week ended up being even more eventful than I was expecting. Monday was dull so let me skip ahead to Tuesday. I went with someone I know to a restaurant. Recently we had a choice of eating somewhere in a plaza and an Ale House restaurant was one of the choices but it was packed so we ate somewhere else. On this day we ate at another one and it was far less busy. It's mainly a Florida chain that has a wood motif and shows sporting events on their TV's. It usually has at least decent food.

Wednesday, one of the pieces of mail that came was an advertisement saying that a new Goodwill store was open, and only a few miles from where I live. I decided to check it out in an early evening as I had actually never been in one before. No, I was not inspired by that no-talent hack Macklemore and his love of Thrift Shops, nor did I go there to try and look for old clothing and dress like a damn hipster. I did get shirts, but one was from Ralph Lauren and the other was Banana Republic and hey, both were only a few bucks each so I got them even if I am usually not a label whore kind of person. I also got some shirts that will now be PJ shirts for me. So it was a nice place to go to.

Thursday was dull so let me skip ahead to Friday and whoo boy was this ever the highlight of the past week. I decided to go to good old Ghost Bar & Lounge as I hadn't been there in a few weeks. It was the same old same old there, which is good. They showed sporting events on the TV, which in this case meant the NBA playoffs. A cover band played and after that a DJ spun tunes, from dance to top 40 to even some older songs. I wasn't expecting to hear The Breaks from Kurtis Blow but I did on Friday night and that was awesome. There was a new cover band this time and well, they weren't as polished as the usual group. Hopefully with time they'll be on the same level.

Early on I was drinking a beer and sitting upstairs when suddenly, a blonde lady in a little black dress who appeared to be the 5th wheel with a pair of couples decided to walk in front of me and started dancing... then literally backed that ass up and pretty much humped my leg! Throughout the time she was there she would come back and start dancing in front of me and a little later humped my leg again. However, she acted in this forward a manner with more than a few different guys there, which didn't make me feel so special... still, I enjoyed it! She ended up leaving with some random guys and I don't even know if she said goodbye to her pals. I got the impression that she was rather drunk.

A little after that, a random brunette (I'll cal her S) decided to sit and briefly chat with me. It would have been longer but her friend K dragged her away. Still, I appreciated the gesture. I have a feeling she was drunk too. Near the end of the night I was sitting downstairs when suddenly another random brunette decided to dance in front of me. I was surprised as this isn't something that usually happens to me at the clubs, to say the least. This lady-once again, I'll presume she was intoxicated-then decided to sit right on my lap and she bounced up and down on my... well, you know... and unfortunately I never got the chance to talk to these dancing queens at all.

Soon before I left I experienced something odd... a GUY grabbed my ass. Yes. A minute later, he gave me a big hug and this was all for the amusement of his Troglodyte friends and for the sake of a picture taken via iPhone. Eh, I won't get mad over those losers and cretins; if they think acting that way is appropriate, they are hopeless and I doubt there's much that can be done to give any of them a triple digit IQ, you know. They're just lame and while they do deserve to get spat in their face for acting that way, I won't let it bother me. Even with that I had a great time there. Who knows when I'll be able to return.

Saturday night, UFC time. As in, pay per view time so against my better judgment I went to Buffalo Wild Wings, where I usually get mad at how the management runs things. But, the food is good, they have huge TV's and the actual staff usually is good. This time around, my problem with them... during the pay per view, the volume was LOUD. I mean, deafening. I may have suffered permanent hearing damage, which is just fantastic. What wasn't fantastic was the UFC show, from the prelims to the actual pay per view. Some parts were fine but it was just a bad show overall, AND it was strange too, with various odd things happening such as several real bad injuries.

Sunday, I went and got the new Pizza Hut Crazy Cheesy Crust Pizza. It sounded interesting. Eh, it was fine but to be perfectly honest, their old Stuffed Crust Pizza was better. I am not being “that guy”; that is honestly how I feel.

I'll be back a week from today. Nothing is planned yet. I won't be going to downtown Orlando and there aren't any UFC events at all for the next few weeks. I'll stumble into something to talk about, as I always do. A little later I'll be at the dentist to have a filling put in on the root canal tooth, but I know that'll be an easy process so I doubt I'll say much about that next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment