Monday, April 22, 2013

The Blog Where I Saw The Village People Perform Live In 2013

The title of this blog really says it all. Since my last blog there isn't too much to talk about. AT least one of the days was unusual.

Last Wednesday I had the evening free so I went to Winter Garden Village to go to Gamestop to get some more Microsoft Points then I ended up at Planet Smoothie to get their new Leafy Green drink that has some fruits along with the title substance. Thursday was uneventful, Saturday I watched all of the UFC show (on Facebook, FX and then Fox) and it was really good, and Sunday what I did was watch the first Star Trek movies. Yeah, I know I am so cool and know how to have a good Sunday...

So, let me talk about what I did on Friday. I had free time so I went to Walt Disney World. Heh heh heh. I picked out Epcot to go to as they have their annual Flower & Garden Festival during the spring; along with the Food & Wine Festival in the fall during the weekend they have musical performances from artists of the past. They perform for a half hour three times a day. In the past I've seen the likes of Chubby Checker, Hanson, Boyz II Men and Sugar Ray sing, although I only stuck around to listen to Chubby. They also have 60's artists that are still alive and kicking and performing. Well, beforehand I did know that THE VILLAGAE PEOPLE would be playing there this past weekend and I figured it would be high comedy to go and watch them perform. Sure, most of the people in the group weren't there during their heyday, but you wouldn't believe how popular that act was on Friday. Their performance was pretty much what you'd expect. They played their most popular songs and two surprising covers, the first being the 60's hit Gimme Some Lovin' then You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) from Sylvester, a late artist that was even more flamboyantly gay than the Village People. The audience enjoyed the show; I am glad I saw it because the whole thing was very amusing and it gave me something to talk about here.

As for the rest of my time there... I can tell you that the new system they have in place for scanning tickets for park entry... it sucks and it doesn't even work! What a massive hassle, especially considering that what they had for years seemed to work fine-enough for the most part. Why try to fix it when it wasn't broken? As for Test Track-which I was real disappointed with once I saw its new remodeled version-it is not as confusing as it first was but again, not everything worked and it doesn't give me much encouragement to go on it again anytime soon. Other than that, though, it was a nice time at Epcot. I got some candy from both the Japan and Germany areas and I had tasty treats to eat from several different areas. I sat by the Canada area to eat a chicken nuggets/fries dinner from a nearby booth, and I got to hear parts of the Scottish/Canadian act Off-Kilter, an act that has played there for years and I know my mom is a big fan of them. Also while eating dinner I saw a family with two young girls and unfortunately, it is noteworthy when I see a family there and I notice the children actually behave and listen to their parents and not whine or talk back or cry for whatever reasons. I certainly saw enough whining and crying from other children. I also had the Dole Pineapple Whip; I've had it before but let me tell you, that is a great concoction. It was nice to go to one of the theme parks as I think it was my first time at one in a few months.

I'll be back a week from today with my next blog. That should be more eventful than what I wrote here. I have several things in mind in terms of activities to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment