Monday, April 1, 2013

Loose Cannons, Boiling Water, & HasBromances

As usual the first few days of my week from Monday through Sunday weren't so thrilling but by the time it got close to the weekend and the weekend itself, business picked up. No, I won't be doing any April Fool's Day jokes as that day is just lame and stupid. Everything I will say here is true.

Monday through Thursday weren't too entertaining. One day I went to Walmart to purchase some items-including sodas-and another day I used a coupon to have a cheap meal at Burger King, but other than that the main thing to note is that for two weeks in a row something went wrong and where I live at, water had to be boiled for a set amount of time, the first time one day and the next, two days. I know, a First World Problem but still annoying to have to boil a pot of water and use it through the day for such things as brushing your teeth. I also watched on Blu-Ray the first G.I. Joe movie, as I had never seen it before and yet I was interested in the sequel. I saw the original, and wow did I NOT like it. Just horrible and painful all around.

Friday, I went in the evening to Downtown Disney to see the G.I. Joe sequel. They were showing it on their giant screen so I figured if I would see it, might as well be there. I saw the film with a smaller than expected crowd and while I thought it was better than the first, it doesn't mean it was a great film by any means. Chaotic action (not always in a good way), a nonsensical script and especially the putrid dialogue throughout sink the film. The movie might as well have been called G.I. Bro due to the bro factor throughout. This is especially true with the bromance (or rather, HasBromance) going on with The Rock's character and Channing Tatum's character; what a painfully bad relationship with those characters, by the way. At least The Rock was The Rock and there were some nice moments... and I don't mean looking at Adrianne Palicki.

I guess those movies just aren't for me. Admittedly, if I ever got the courage to watch a Transformers movie in full I'd get more angry and upset than even by the first G.I. Joe motion picture, but don't think that all sorts of intelligence-insulting movies aren't for me, as I actually enjoyed Fast Five despite its stupidity and the sixth looks to be more of the same. After the movie I walked next door to Splitsville to watch some college basketball and have some food. Oh, and I also had a frozen alcoholic drink, because why not? That was an entertaining few hours.

Saturday, in the evening I had free time so I decided to watch the late college basketball game at an establishment; I decided to return to World of Beer. This time part of the time was listening to a random bar band who was acoustic and played cover songs; meaning, they are probably the typical bar band. They were fine, but I have no idea what that duo's name was. Wichita State upsetting Ohio State was nice as they are now one of the final four teams left, my sister, husband, and twin sons (the twins have been doing great, by the way) live in Wichita, and the team (the Shockers!) plays in the same conference as my school, Illinois State University. While I was there the alcohol I drank was less eventful than my first time there almost two months ago. It was some beer and hard cider, and none was from random countries you wouldn't normally be able to get beer from. I did get one from Maine, though. It was from Heavy Seas brewery and it is known as Loose Cannon. I had to get it as a podcast I listen to loves the idea of loose cannon cops in movies and they love the phrase in general. It was an IPA beer and I usually avoid those but the taste was better than expected.

Sunday, Easter was fine. I had a ham dinner with my parents; as long as I can remember that was the meal of choice for the day, so that was nice. What wasn't so nice was the injury that happened to Louisville basketball player Kevin Ware. WOW. He broke his leg and if you look online you can see closeups of the broken leg, the bone sticking out, and that is something which unfortunately is seared into my mind forever. That poor guy.

I'll be back a week from today and who knows what I'll be writing about. I'll stumble into some adventures, as I tend to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment