Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I Had A Root Canal & All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt

Yeah, I am referencing how last week when I went and had the abscess in my tooth drained I literally got a t-shirt from them, and it was perfect for a blog title.

I really have little to say even with the root canal today, but at least I did remember that when I typed up my last blog me feeling ill made me forget a few things, so catching up with that will fill up some time. I actually did not have the best of times on Thursday the 4th. I went to Winter Garden Village to eat dinner. I first went to Red Robin as I still hadn't eaten at that location before; after this night I still hadn't! It was busy there but there was a spot at the bar available. I sat and waited for the lady bartender to give me any sort of attention, even “Hello, can you hang on a minute?”, but nope, nothing for more than 5 minutes. I gave up and left, as why should I be treated that way? I then walked on over a few spots to Jersey Mike's, a recent place to the area but there are some other locations across Orlando. I got food, but the people who worked there... really stupid, AND I had some dudebro type who I am pretty sure shit-talked me as I know his girlfriend hit him and I am pretty sure I figured out the reason why. At least I had no problems when I went on over to Cold Stone Creamery and had some ice cream.

Sunday the 7th, I ended up watching most of Wrestlemania, via less than ethical means. I know, I know, but that night I was hurtin' and I needed some entertainment so I went and saw that. The Wrestlemania I saw last year live in Miami was better, and that show was hit or miss. Big time pro wrestling is just pretty atrocious for the most part, and that is a crying shame as it's been that way for years. I miss the good old days of watching it when I was growing up then became a young adult.

Now that I am caught up, Wednesday through Friday were rather uneventful, aside from Wednesday evening where I went and picked up a parent from the Orlando International Airport. As expected the traffic was a hassle and a half and boy were there some maniac drivers going way over the speed limit. I saw one going too fast AND texting on their phone at the same time. Talk about dangerous, not to mention pretty stupid. I was going to eat at Larry's Giant Subs as it's not that far from the airport and I rarely make it out that way. Right as I got there, I got a call saying the plane got there early so I had to leave to pick them up. We ended up eating at a nearby Five Guys, as it was on the way home.

Other than that, the highlight was me going to Walmart one night. Now, I felt fine after I had the abscess drained last Tuesday. I just felt like not doing a lot, you know. Saturday was also pretty dull although at least in the evening I saw some free UFC action with the main card being on FX. That was good times. Sunday was the day of excitement, relatively speaking. I went to the Florida Mall to look around for a bit and I hadn't been there in a few months. After that I was going to go to the MovieStop in the area, but when I got there, that location had closed down. At least there are a few other of those stores around Orlando. After that I finally got the chance to eat at Larry's Giant Subs. Good stuff. If only they had a location closer to where I live.

Monday was pretty dull too; I did feel bad for all that went on in Boston, needless to say. I have been in that area a few times before in my life and while navigating the city is a nightmare due to how the city was designed back in the colonial times, overall it is an interesting area with a lot of history to it. Now, onto today and the big root canal procedure... which was not bad at all. They took quite a few x-rays, numbed the area, then did the procedure and I felt no pain at all. Right now the numbing has worn off and it only feels a little bit sore. It is no big deal at all. I am glad that it was easier than expected. When I had the abscess drained last Tuesday, that was a more painful procedure. The kind Asian man who performed the work today said a hilarious thing to me; he noticed how last week that part of my jaw was swollen as if I was from a David Cronenberg movie; today he saw that the swelling was gone and he was surprised; he then said that I “was like Wolverine”! What a comparison that will only happen one time in my life.

Now that the tooth issue is over with (aside from having my regular dentist fill the hole created today; a standard thing), I will be back Monday the 22nd in the afternoon, back to usual for me. Who knows what I'll write about, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment