Monday, August 29, 2011

Sheep, Andrew Dice Clay, & K-Mart, Motherf*****!

So, here’s what I’ve done since last Monday. Monday the 22nd was actually pretty entertaining after I posted the last blog. I went and got a haircut as I really needed one. Someone recently even noted that. That went fine. Soon after that I went to the east side of Orlando to check out a movie that was only in the area at Waterford Lakes; it’s an import from Britain called Attack The Block, about some young punk kids and a 20-something woman who defend their block in South London against alien creatures who happen to be hairy and have light blue glowing teeth. Despite that description, the movie was pretty great. It was just fun and entertaining to watch, and it has a great pace and energy to it. I talk more about it at my movie blog review thing*

• http://blairreviewsmovies.blogspot.com/

After that I went to the nearby Friendly Confines to watch the preseason Chicago Bears game against the New York Giants. It’s preseason, meaning the game doesn’t count and backups play too. I hope their performance wasn’t a harbinger of things to come this season, as they lost 41-13. They got their pants pulled down, that’s for sure. At least I was able to drink alcohol while watching the game. That’ll be once again the main place I go to for the watching of Bears games. Hopefully it’ll be as nice of a season as it was last year. It’ll also be nice to go there to watch the games and people-watch.

Wednesday and Thursday were dull*, so I’ll mention some online drama that doesn’t involve The Toadies, for once. Instead, it’s on a forum which I shall not name. To make a long story short, there are some real Troglodytes and knuckle-draggers on there; if it wasn’t for the cool people I’d have given up awhile ago. Anyway, for no reason at all one random member there decided to ACT LIKE A SHEEP and constantly go “BAAAHHHH!” This is not a joke. I called him out on it and raised a stink, and much to my shock, *I* was treated like a pariah for getting mad at the guy, as Mr. Sheep allegedly was “funny” and “entertaining” as he was doing this because he was “bored”. I still can’t believe it myself. I am reminded of the Pink Floyd song Sheep, from their underrated album Animals. It describes Mr. Sheep rather well… and way too many people on that forum, sad to say.

• Thankfully, no stories about Hurricane Irene, as it turned away from Florida and ended up going up north, where it wasn’t as bad as it could have been for those people. We just got some more rain than usual, really.

Friday, I ended up having a busy day. Someone I know was having their birthday party at the German restaurant in Sanford, Hollerbach’s Willow Tree Café. I went there last year, discovered when I got there that it was a German restaurant, and despite that I still had a nice time there. It’s a terrible thing to say given that it’s a part of my heritage, but most German food isn’t for me. All that onion stuff… no thanx. However, this year I had dinner somewhere else then went to the restaurant and I was planning on having something there such as a treat; I saw that they had something new, which was a giant pretzel, so I went with that. That was a good choice on my part. By the time I left I was pretty bloated. Oh, and unlike last year, this year I figured I should get my friend a gift, which that person appreciated.

Saturday, it was UFC time, and for the first time in almost 13 years they had a show in Brazil. It made for quite the atmosphere. The bouts that they had on Facebook were pretty poor (I’m glad I only saw parts of that) but once the broadcast stuff started, it was quite the show. It was also quite the crowd at the local Buffalo Wild Wings. It was surprisingly packed there, and as always there are always a few cretins around; other than that, though, the only other highlight to mention is something that I’m actually glad I don’t know the context of, as out of context it’s hilarious. Someone yelled, “K-Mart, Motherf*****!” I have no idea why but it got a big laugh out of me.

Sunday, I didn’t do anything interesting. I certainly did not watch the MTV Music Video Awards; it’s hilarious they still have that as a show, for obvious reasons. I caught a few seconds of the opening, and Lady Gaga was apparently dressed like Andrew Dice Clay! I turned it off after a few seconds as I didn’t want to lower my IQ watching some dreck. Well, later I find out she was playing some male character, as if she was Nicki Minaj playing one of her 100 different personas*, and those are some celebrities I am more than tired with by now and even me hardly paying attention to most pop culture means I still have to think about them way too often. I did laugh, though, at a comment I heard on Twitter, which was that male character was Johnny Cade (played by Ralph Macchio) from The Outsiders, which made me lol… oh, and he needed the money, OOOHHHH!, to deliver a punchline from Mr. Clay. I wouldn’t dare to tell a typical joke from here on an all-ages blog like this.

• All of whom have in common the disturbing trait of them having to make the stupidest facial expression at all times. Honest, I don’t think I’ve ever seen her with even a halfway intelligent look on her face. Of course I’ve never heard her rap well either, but that’s another story.

As for the upcoming week, right now it’s pounding rain and thunder, but I do plan on my September 5th blog being entertaining, as there’s college football returning, which is cool, and on Wednesday I’ll be seeing Scarface on the big screen, as it’s a special one-night thing and even though I know the type of crowd that loves Tony Montana the most, I’ll still attend and I’ll cross my fingers there aren’t a bunch of idiots I have to deal with for a 3 hour screenings. I’ll also find other things to talk about, I’m sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment