Monday, August 15, 2011

Dolph Lundgren, The Taste Of BJ’s (Restaurant & Brewhouse), & That’s What She Said

Maybe I did come up with the most disturbing title for a blog that I’ve ever done… at least it’s memorable! And if you haven’t, read the blog I posted yesterday afternoon.

So, one thing I’ll mention off the bat is that on the 3rd of this month, my car went over the 75,000 mile barrier. Thankfully I haven’t had any real problems with it, besides the one time when there was a crack in the windshield, or when I took it on its one big road trip back two years ago, a mysterious check engine-esque light appeared and went off and on during the trip and has never come back on since; I forgave the car long ago for that transgression. On the 10th, new tires were put on and it was aligned; hopefully my gas mileage will improve from those actions.

As for my week… it involved quite a bit of me getting mad and angry at idiots on the highway. It was the usual stupidity and ignorance. It was nothing too spectacularly stupid but like the week in general, a lot of little things added up to me getting quite rankled, and that's not even taking into account what happened on Saturday.

Monday was dull so I’ll skip ahead to Tuesday and I managed to get caught in some rainfall. That was no good; at least my car got a bath. I wanted to get it washed and the rain didn’t do a great job of cleaning the car as it had to be taken in the next day… oh well, though. Oh yeah, and what I always say about Florida drivers and rain once again proved true. Wednesday once the car was serviced I ended up eating at Winter Garden Village and their Chipotle. I got a noise overload-never a good thing with me-as there was so much racket with little kids, babies crying, yelling, and I actually finished my meal in my car in order to get some peace and quiet. I then went to Barnes & Noble for a bit, picked up some things (more on one of those a little later), and then I walked to nearby Planet Smoothie to get a drink. I don’t know why the employees there always harass you as soon as you go into their store and act offended that anyone may need a minute or two to decide what amongst their many beverages they would want. Maybe that’s just me, though. Sometimes I’m shocked that what I think should be “normal” ends up getting rejected and thrown in my face. I mean, for example, in the past I’ve had problems with people asking me over and over in a short amount of time to do something that I did not want to do, and they were shocked that I’d get mad over having to tell them “no” over and over again. I wish I could understand people, but apparently that’ll never happen. As for the drink I got… it wasn’t bad.

Thursday, I was in the Mall at Millenia area and I didn’t actually go into the mall. Instead, I went into IKEA for a bit* and then ate at the nearby BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse and I’ll always giggle at “BJ’s”. It’s been awhile since I’ve enjoyed the taste and sensation of BJ’s… or rather, going to that particular restaurant. It was good food there, as usual. Also, I sat by a girl at the bar who had a Hello Kitty credit card, so that was interesting.

• That’s as Swedish as I get, along with watching movies with Dolph Lundgren in them.

My Friday was pretty boring, I already wrote about me getting mad on Saturday, and Sunday was also boring, so I’ll mention two quick things.

One interesting moment from my time at Borders on Saturday night that I can’t forget about was when I saw a young African-American couple and the male in the relationship looked at a book profiling Obama and he stated that he actually didn’t care for our current President, and his lady said, “You have to be the only black person who hates him” (hey, that’s what she said, not me) and he stated, “He pimped all ‘yall all the way to the White House”. I did not have an opportunity to ask him what exactly his problem was with Barack; of course, I will not mention my feelings on politics, as that is opening up a can of worms I prefer to be closed.

One of the items I got at Barnes & Noble was a book called That’s What She Said, which is filled with many tales where someone says something that has a double lewd meaning and someone responds, “That’s what she said.” I think I first heard that term on a MMA podcast, of all things. I had no idea where it actually came from, and it took the book for me to learn it was something said on the British version of The Office and used by the U.S. version. That and “Boom, roasted” (which I also heard from the same podcast) are likely the only funny things ever said on that god-awful Office… at least the American version I know is God-awful. But anyhow, “That’s What She Said” jokes do make me laugh.

I plan on being back the 22nd with a new blog. This time around I’m pretty sure I’ll be seeing a wrestling show, so that’s good.

No comments:

Post a Comment