Monday, August 22, 2011

Traffic Drama, Power Outages, & Every 1’s A Winner

The way my past week went, this is the best title that I could come up with. I’ll explain the traffic and buffet things later, but now I’ll mention that the last thing is the title of a song by Hot Chocolate; you know, the British band that did “You Sexy Thing”. Well, that wasn’t their only quality song. I’ve known it for years but when I went to a special wrestling show on Saturday night, I was pleasantly surprised to hear it there. The rest of the tunes they played were mainly cheesy 80’s dance/R&B tunes that I even hadn’t heard of before, as that is definitely not my favorite era of R&B… at least it was better than the same old same old songs having to be heard by me.

As for what I did, the only interesting parts are on Monday and Friday/Saturday. What I did on Monday was go out with some people to the hip and happening restaurant hotspot known as… The Golden Corral. Like I said before, those places are more about quantity than quality, and that was again the case this time. Plus, some of my fellow customers there… not the highest fiber of society, that’s for sure. I kept it on the downlow from Tuesday through Thursday, so let me skip ahead to the weekend, starting with Friday (getting down on Friday).

Friday’s action was in the evening, when I was going to go to Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World to see a low-budget foreign movie they were showing there. It’s a “found footage” (re, Paranormal Activity or the movie NOT named after me, The Blair Witch Project) from Spain/Mexico and it’s called… Atrocious. Honest, that was its title. I talked more about the movie in my movie reviews blog* but it wasn’t too good. The dipshit audience I saw it with didn’t help out matters… that said, even if the audience wouldn’t have been filled with cretins and degenerates, the movie still would have been poor. It wasn’t atrocious, but Atrocious is still a movie you should never see. If you ever thought the movie not named after me was boring and stupid, Atrocious would teach you how wrong you were. At least while I was there I found out that on the 31st of this month various locations across the country are showing Scarface on the big screen for one night only. It’d be great to see Tony Montana theatrically, although I can only imagine the type of crowds that movie will attract. An idiot factor could be possible, but Lord I hope not.

• Found at http://blairreviewsmovies.blogspot.com/

I was going to leave a little after 10 to see the movie at midnight (as they are only showing it at that time) only to have the power go out throughout the entire neighborhood. Yes, a power outage. That was poppycock. It didn’t come back on for about a half hour, either, and it somehow completely blew out the cable box for the big TV where I live. The next day a new cable box was acquired and that works fine, but the whole thing put a bee in my bonnet as I had to wait for the power to come back on before I could take off so I didn’t spend too much time walking around Downtown Disney before the movie as I wanted to do.

Saturday, that was a day where I got real angry with Florida traffic. I mean, even more angry than usual. It was the typical awfulness, but there was also a redneck from Georgia who was perplexed as to the toll booth exits down here in Florida where you can only use Sunpass or the exact change lane-no lane where you can give a dollar and get coins back, for example-so the paint-sniffer got into the Sunpass lane and just stopped. I had to slam on my brakes, gave him the high beams, and blasted my horn until he got his ass moving, then I actually stuck my head out the window and yelled at the car, which is a really rare thing from me, to say the least.

That was coming back from what was actually a really nice thing: I went to Sanford but not the usual wrestling show there, but rather a special benefit show for Justin “Ryze” Honeycutt, the late wrestler who passed away early last month. It was put on by a federation which hadn’t put on shows for awhile but before that put on shows for many years. Way back when I went to their shows but I stopped because I called them out for putting on horrible/illogical shows and they got mad so there was an “incident” way back in ’06 and after that I never went back to one of their shows until Saturday night. I figured there’d be no incidents this time and I was correct. Overall, while there were some stupid/illogical moments* (I just think they can’t help themselves but be stupid at least a few times a show) overall it was a nice tribute show to the late Ryze. Some wrestlers came in and gave emotional speeches about their friendship with Justin and you could definitely see they cared a lot about Ryze and were sad about his tragic death. There was even a video screen up and a nice video played of stills of him and it was a nice show. Oddly enough, during the show the lights went out for a few minutes. If you believe it to be divinely inspired, go ahead.

• The highlight being what was THE worst match I’ve seen live in quite a long while. Even worse than a tag team match I saw at that Kissimmee show recently. This was only a few minutes long but just about everything that was tried was blown and botched horribly. Besides the action in the ring it was just put together in a stupid manner and I felt bad for one guy in the ring as he had to wrestle a stupid handicap match against two dudes and that one guy was clearly better than the two other dudes. No offense to them, but they were just terrible. At least the right guy won.

Stupidity (and a lady ring announcer who once again did the thing I always love, which is berate the crowd and be rude to them for allegedly not making enough noise. An especially classless thing to do at this kind of event, but maybe that’s just me) aside, it was a nice show and I’m glad I was able to go to it. Unfortunately, some A-hole wrestling promoter decided to have a competing show in Orlando proper at the same time as this benefit show. I won't name who the A-hole was but it's someone I've mentioned many times before and I am not surprised he'd do such a horrible thing as compete with a tribute show. Some guys had to work both shows which screwed up the pacing and flow of both events and I thought it was garbage. I know that with the clown troupe, the minions will rise up and get angry that I insulted their leader, but if they want to make fools of themselves, go ahead I say.

Yesterday for me was uneventful* so I’ll tell you that my next blog will be up on the 29th and I’ll have more planned than I did in the previous week. Aside from a hurricane that may possibly pass through where I live by the end of this week, I’ll be doing a few things, including seeing a UFC show, watching the Bears preseason game, a birthday party, and more.

• The only noteworthy thing is that last night I had a rather strange dream. All I remember is that it involved some one hour TV special and it was live action/animated and it involved one of my favorite ladies, Minka Kelly, but also not one of my favorite people, JUSTIN BIEBER. I am horrified I would have a dream that would not only involve that tiny individual, but that I had another dream involving that lady that was PG rated in nature. Son of a...

No comments:

Post a Comment