Monday, August 8, 2011

Stories Concerning Hard Cider, Double Rainbows, & Purple Speedos

So, the first week of August wasn’t the most exciting for me, but I still have some interesting things to say; it includes discussion of a purple Speedo, which was NOT worn by me, thankfully. I'm not built like Matthew McConaughey, to say the very least.

Monday was dull so I’ll get to Tuesday. I could go on a real long rant about all the horrible traffic I had to deal with on the way to my destination and back home, but I’ll be nice instead and skip all that. I just had to deal with such hassles as being tailgated and having someone pull out in front of me. I’ll just mention the good things, which is that I went to Sand Lake Road to eat dinner at Lime Fresh Mexican Grill (as I hadn’t been there in awhile) and then afterwards I stopped at Pinkberry. Both meals were pretty tasty. I also saw TWO Bentley cars, which isn’t a surprise as I drove through the rich area of Dr. Phillips and Windermere and it’s not rare to see vehicles like that around.

Wednesday was dull and the only highlight was me having dinner at the local Target and their Pizza Hut Express (where I got to see a white trash family argue amongst each other; always good entertainment while chowing down on cheese pizza and breadsticks) so I’ll mention that the only highlight for me on Thursday was going to Buffalo Wild Wings to eat there and see what was shaking there. As I figured, it was business as usual there.

The weekend was more interesting for me. Friday, I had free time in the evening so I went to the Altamonte Mall first for a bit. I saw that some stores were closed down, so even that place has been hit by the years-long recession; it isn’t as bad as the West Oaks Mall or especially the Festival Bay Mall by any means, but I guess most malls aren’t immune to it. After that I went a little bit north and for a second time visited the Tilted Kilt in Lake Mary to enjoy the food… and oh yeah, the ladies working there were food for the eyes. I wish that some of the ladies I saw the first time there would have been there this time; I guess I shouldn’t complain, as the ladies there on this night weren’t ditchpigs by any means. I had my usual (i.e. “almost always”) of a burger and fries and instead of having one of their fancy mixed drinks, I noticed that they had on draft Woodchuck Cider-seeing that on draft is pretty rare-so I went with that, and along with the food it was tasty.

Oh, and on the way there it was rainy out and I literally saw a double rainbow. If you don’t get the reference, some strange guy on YouTube apparently took some shrooms or some sort of hallucinogenic drugs right before filming a double rainbow he saw in person; he went monkeyshit crazy at seeing that image, and it became a huge viral hit.

Saturday was the latest UFC pay per view, so I returned to the local Buffalo Wild Wings to watch that. The card on paper was pretty poor, due to there being a ridiculous number of injuries; it proved to exceed those low expectations, so that was good. Unfortunately, I could have done without having to sit by some local yokels, but I tried to ignore them the best I could. The beer I had was a good aid in that ignoring. I not only had to listen to rednecks talking about mixed martial arts (at least I was able to get some laughs from that) but there was even a guy there who watched other things and was bad-mouthing MMA and talked about how great boxing is… LOL to that, by the way. If only I could have sat by some attractive young ladies… that’s usually not the case, though.

The “highlight” of the show, or at least the thing I’ll remember the most, is the fight between Brian Ebersole and Dennis Hallman. Both guys have fought many fights in the past. The first time I saw Brian back in February, I was wildly entertained by his unorthodox style… he was effective and efficient when he had to be, though. Best of all, he shaved his chest hair into an arrow pointed at his head! Somehow, Hallman topped him on this night. He fought in a tiny purple Speedo! You can imagine what the Buffalo Wild Wings crowd thought of that outfit. Me, I was disturbed by the image of him wearing something where you can see his entire package. Really, they were nuthuggers, to be blunt. The fight itself was pretty entertaining, and Ebersole ended up winning.

I was on the down-low yesterday so I’ll say now that when I post my next blog on Monday the 15th, I do not have much planned for the next week besides the interesting thing on the 13th of attending a Mexican wrestling show (Lucha Libre) in Orlando. That usually is not my thing but I’ll give it a shot anyhow. I’ll find other things to write about, I’m sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment