Monday, June 27, 2011

When Did I Turn Into Such An Old Man?

So, the reason why I say that will be explained below.

My Wednesday ended up not having anything of note that I’d talk about, so I’ll skip ahead to Thursday the 23rd. I ended up having an interesting day. I won’t talk about the traffic I had to deal with at times on the way to and back from my destinations. As I tend to say, it’s the usual idiocy. I went to Premium Outlets in Orlando on International Drive. I didn’t walk around the entire joint like I did the last time I was there two months ago. Still, I went into various stores and even bought items from a few of them. So, it was a fine time there, and plus it was a nice walk at that open-air location, despite the warmth.

After that I drove to that shopping plaza just east of the corner of Sand Lake and Dr. Phillips Boulevard to try out a new (a few months old) restaurant called Twisted Burger. I found it out via a Groupon offer. Their offerings fit the name of the place. Of course, me being me I got the regular cheeseburger with no toppings on it. The gimmick with that half pound burger had cheese baked into the burger. Wacky. It reminds me of the one time I went on vacation with my old man out East somewhere; I think it was somewhere in the backwoods of New York back in I think ’96. It’s hard to believe that was literally half a lifetime ago. Anyhow, at that small restaurant there was also a burger with the cheese baked in gimmick. My dad commented… “Doesn’t it all mash together when you’re chewing it in your mouth?” Good point. This burger here, it was pretty damn tasty. I also had a chocolate milkshake and believe it or not, fried Twinkies. It’s not just a staple at county and state fairs any longer. I recommend everyone go to Twisted Burger if you’re in the area. After that I stopped by the nearby Pinkberry to try out their new salted caramel. That’s a tasty treat.

My Friday was a lazy day, so I’ll get to Saturday. Now, this is the reason why I’m turning into an old man. I don’t mean to sound emo* about it, but it’s true. I thought about going to downtown Orlando to have a good time, whether it be seeing a movie there and then going to you know where, or something along those lines. Instead, I just didn’t feel like it and I did something else instead in the afternoon so that I could do nothing in the evening. Lame, I know. At least I managed to find something interesting to do Saturday afternoon, and it gave me more than what I was expecting in terms of things to talk about.

• Sure, I’ve had a few emo moments in the past; most people do, though. For example, that same messageboard I’m a part of where that girl tried to “seriously harm” herself… there are some major drama queens there! There’s a lot of whining about people allegedly getting disrespected and all that sort of poppycock.

It was rainy out and as I’ve said many times before, when the weather is like that in this part of Florida, driver IQ’s drop even lower than usual, and never had that been more true than on this day. I either saw or was a part of like 5 or 6 near-accidents! From people cutting me off to zooming across a few lanes at once to exit the 408 toll road to getting tailgated to people speeding by me when the roads were wet *and* it was still raining at the time… sad to say, this sort of behavior is expected with the typical Florida driver.

What I did in Orlando was that I was on the east side to see what was shaking there (things haven’t changed, as I figured) and I went to that MovieStop by UCF to check out what they had. I got a few cheap DVD’s… while there I had to deal with the likes of a customer being kicked out because he “was being belligerent” and loudmouthed kids who weren’t being adequately controlled by their dad. Yelling little kids is usually a big turn-off for me personally, so having to constantly hear that while looking for a DVD to purchase wasn’t something I predominantly enjoyed. After that, I returned to Friendly Confines for the first time since early April to see how things were there; again, it was the same old, same old. That’s fine by me. I didn’t have to deal with any wacky/bad customers there, so that was a relief. It was also nice to see some familiar face employees there; people there tend to work at that establishment for a long time.

Sunday was boring so I’ll say that I’ll be back on Tuesday the 5th. Who knows, I may do something on the 4th or not. Not much is planned for this upcoming week, but as usual, I’m sure I’ll find something to chat about.

No comments:

Post a Comment