Friday, June 10, 2011

What A Crazy Thursday Night

Boy, this isn’t going to be a happy blog, that is for sure. In fact, it’s going to be rather serious. The reason why I’m posting a special blog on Friday is due to horrifying reasons. Part is this was written today and the first part was written late Thursday night, soon after I mentioned the situation on Facebook and Twitter.

So, I am a member of a forum with people across the world. What that forum is isn’t germane to this discussion. It’s the type of place where you have to be a member in order to read the threads on there. It’s a wacky place at times but it’s also a friendly place. With their profile system you can have friends. I don’t have too many there but one of them, who I’ll call S, (I don’t even know their real name or too much about their personal life at all. I only know the young lady from her posts on there) left a horrific thread on the site last night. She was telling everyone goodbye and right away I had a feeling of the worst there. I then looked at her profile page, where friends can leave comments in a section. I read a discussion she had in that comments section with a pal, and yeah, she was thinking about harming herself to a severe degree, to put it in a particularly delicate way. I sent a few comments her way in that section, saying she shouldn’t do such a thing without bringing up what the exact thing was. I then decided that it would be a better thing to send her a long private message saying that she shouldn’t go through with harming herself. Right before I sent the message, I looked at the thread which started it all and saw that S made another post in it. It was rather angry and it included a picture of her bandaged wrists, obviously a result of her recently slitting them. What an unpleasant surprise that was. I rushed off that private message and then logged off before the shit really hit the fan there.

So, I logged back on today and… as I had a feeling would be the case, that thread vanished*, there was no response to that PM I sent, and all I can do at the moment is hope that the worst did not happen and right now she’s getting help to deal with her personal demons. I don’t know if she’ll ever come back and I’ll find out how she’s doing.

* Although, there is a nice thread up which talks about being nice and helping each other out in times of trouble.

Sorry for this serious depressing blog, but it’s the sort of thing I had to write about, as Thursday night ended up being pretty stressful. I tried to help that lady out; I do know that getting professional help is far better than anything I could do, and if anybody reading this ever needs that sort of help, I implore you to get it before you decide to hurt yourself.

And on that note, I will tell you that if I find out in the future how Ms. S is doing, I’ll make sure to give an update about it. Otherwise, I’ll be back on Monday and it’ll be the usual cheery blog from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment