Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Frozen Pizza Is The Root Of All Evil

If you’re wondering where I got the title of this blog post, it relates to something I saw on a sign for a Domino’s Pizza on my way to see the Tampa Bay Rays, but I’ll explain everything in order from Friday the 17th to today.

This past Friday I decided to finally go to a Rays game, as I haven’t been to Tropicana Field in about 10 months time. It is interleague play time, so that’s why they played the Florida Marlins. Florida started off the season fine enough, but for whatever reasons, they went down the toilet and as of now, they are 2-19 this month! That’s in the territory of all-time bad for a team in Major League Baseball in history. Anyhow, I drove there and stopped in Tampa to eat at a place I hadn’t heard of before called Yogurt Mountain. It’s yet another self-serve joint; there are so many of those self-service yogurt places around. I had blue cotton candy and not surprisingly, it was pretty good. While driving to the game I passed by a Domino’s Pizza which had a sign proclaiming that frozen pizza is the root of all evil. Funny, that coming from a place selling Domino’s, given its reputation. Oh, and on the way there and back I dealt with some particularly frustrating traffic, but I won’t rant and rave about that. It’s the usual idiocy, for the most part.

I had dinner at the stadium and I sat in a different seat than usual. I decided to do a one time only thing and sit in the lower deck; it was by the outfield and if you’ve been there before, it was directly behind the Bullpen Box which has seats and chairs and buffet food; it’s for groups only. As for the game, it wasn’t the most exciting I have ever seen in person, but it was still fine-enough. There were some home runs and that’s always good. Florida wasn’t good so they lost 5-1. The most interesting part came in the 8th inning; a Rays player ripped the ball and delivered a hit that scored some runs. It turned out odd, though, as the ball rolled to the aforementioned Bullpen Box. One of the fans there picked up the ball. That’s a no-no, as the ball was still in play. Via the rules and where the runners were, it ended up still scoring two runs, so the fan didn’t end up ruining things. Still, whether he was asked to leave or he decided to leave on his own accord, security talked to him and stated that he did something he shouldn’t have, and a few minutes later he and his own family left.

There isn’t too much else to say about my day or the time at the ballpark. It was nice to return to good old Tropicana Field. I was glad I was able to On the way back I did the usual when I’m in the area and I stopped off on Exit 10 on I-4; usually the gas there is pretty cheap. It wasn’t this time but I still filled up at the Flying J gas station for tradition, and I went in to use the men’s room and to get something to drink.

My weekend was a-wash. I was thinking about doing something, but the weather was pretty nasty both days in Clermont and around Orlando. I know, not cool to admit; it’s true, though. I was happy to stay home and relax.

Monday, I went with someone to Steak ‘n Shake as we hadn’t been there in awhile. The food was good and their new Key Lime milkshake is aces. Oh, and there also was people getting mad at me concerning some dude who I hadn’t heard of before this day passing away due to his stupidity AND he took his pal’s life too. I’m not going to rehash the whole thing, but I still say it’s stupid to drive (likely) drunk, not to mention allegedly going 130 miles an hour. Driving at that speed on any public road is bad enough. I’m not acting this way just because I’ve always thought of Jackass as a God-awful worthless pile of horse crap*; if some actress lady I find to be great did the same thing, I’d be upset with them too.

* BTW, that Bam guy… a totally loathsome creature; I never watch that garbage but I still have heard some of the things that ass has done to his own parents! What a terrible human being. I’ll never understand why people find this fecal matter to be entertaining.

Anyhow… that’s all I did on Monday. Yesterday, I went to Winter Garden Village and bought some stuff from Best Buy; that was as exciting as things got. I should be back Monday afternoon. I have some things in mind as to what to do between now and then, so the next blog shouldn’t be a dud.

No comments:

Post a Comment