Monday, April 2, 2018

Bahama Breeze, Yard House, Serial & The Trail Went Cold

Once again my week was usually nondescript although at least I will have something different to talk about at the very end. I definitely could complain about traffic but I always do about that so even though someone pulled out right in front of me a few days ago, even that isn't unusual down here. Monday I did nothing but Tuesday, I went to the International Drive area and for the first time in years, I had food and drinks at a Bahama Breeze restaurant. They have good food, but there's a plethora of restaurants that are at least decent in quality. On the way back I stopped at a place I mentioned early this year (Snow City) to have some rolled ice cream, which was wise on my part. I also stopped at the Hulk Hogan store on I-Drive. I've been to the one in Clearwater but this was new to me. Note that me going there is NOT an endorsement of the various controversies surrounding The Hulkster in the past few years, including the whole “racial slur” thing. The store also has various WWE merchandise.

Wednesday I went to an Office Depot for the first time in years. The main thing I got there was a USB 3.0 flash drive; I already have a portable hard drive and have used it for years but for me I'll put certain things on the flash drive. I then got some random items from the nearby Target. Thursday and Friday I did nothing, which was fine with me. It was still a Good Friday even if it was a dull one. Saturday I returned to I-Drive, and a place I had been to last year: Yard House. They make tasty food so I was happy to return there. I had some craft beer and dinner as I saw the Loyola of Chicago play in the Final Four against Michigan. The game was bowling shoe ugly and Loyola lost. At least they unexpectedly made it so far. After that I ate at a combination Great American Cookies/Pretzelmaker. Their mozzarella pretzel bites are to die for.

Easter Sunday, I had a ham dinner with the parents, which has been a tradition for many years now. I'll bid everyone adieu now and the rest of this will be me bringing up a pair of podcasts. I might as well have time traveled back to 2014, as I finally listened to the Serial podcast. I liked the idea better than the execution and I wish there was a different host. Even if the viewpoint was biased, Adan Syed's new trial being confirmed is good as he needed a new trial with a better defense. The audio I usually listen to on the radio are mostly either old songs, movie podcasts, videogame shows, and now true crime podcasts. I need to listen to more of those... a decent one I discovered was The Trail Went Cold, about various cold cases. I'll eventually track down more for listening purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment