Monday, April 23, 2018

Grindhouse Video Tampa, Engine No. 9 & Regurgitation

No, I did not experience any illnesses where I had to throw up; it was something I saw that I'll explain later. This past week was full of ups and downs, and all in the same day. Last Monday I did nothing of note; Tuesday was far more interesting. In the evening I was at a Tampa Bay Rays game. It may be the only one of theirs I see live this year, as the team is pretty putrid now. A lot can be said as to why that's the case; people who follow baseball for a living tend to agree so I'll let them explain why as they could do a better job than I could, and probably not be as long-winded either. To my non-surprise, Tampa lost 7-2 to the Texas Rangers. At least Tampa had some exciting plays... but so did the Rangers and Texas just played better overall. Tropicana Field is about the same as usual; most hate it but I don't think it is THAT bad. They now serve Coca-Cola products, which is a change as before this year they were always aligned w/ Pepsi. 

Before that I ate at a nearby restaurant/bar known as Engine No. 9 (nice song reference) as it was highly rated. I thought it was fine; the food and drink wasn't bad but I wasn't knocked off my socks. Still, it was interesting that the place is owned by the son of 70's and 80's Chicago Blackhawks goalie Tony Esposito. But the one thing I did in Tampa was pretty rad; recently I stumbled across a store known as Grindhouse Video Tampa. They buy, trade, and sell movies but they focus on more obscure flicks which are released by smaller independent labels like Shout/Scream Factory, Vinegar Syndrome, Arrow Video, Blue Underground, etc. Many of those titles can be purchased online but it's great getting to see those discs in person. Best of all is that they have some foreign import discs that either play on any Blu-ray player across the world or ones that require a region-free player. I did purchase some discs which wasn't a cheap time there but who knows when I'll be able to return there; all things considered it's a good thing that isn't in Orlando, as I would be there often.

Wednesday I did nothing but Thursday, I went with someone to the local Lucky's Market in town. We'd shop around and we would both purchase food there. Things went awry... it wasn't my fault. There were some stump-dumb people in the store. At least the pizza I got was pretty good. Friday (4/20; I did not celebrate it although I know some people that certainly must have!) was really full of peaks and valleys. I went to the Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World; it was mainly to go on the Avatar Flight of Passage ride. It is great yet it's always been busy so I had only been on it once before. I braved the wait and I was happy to go on it again. I decided not to eat there and instead have a late dinner somewhere else. This was a mistake. I tried Old Town, an area I hadn't been to in years as the place did some real stupid things that drove me away. I wish it wasn't the case as its retro vibe was pretty cool. But on this night I saw that most of their parking was not free... it was 10 bucks! I said “Forget that!” and don't plan on me ever going there again.

Instead I ended up at Twin Peaks as I hadn't been there yet this year. The place is largely the same as usual. My burger was a little too well done but it was still edible. The traffic on this day was pretty brutal so I was happy to stay in during the weekend; it rained on both days so it was not a big deal to stay in. There was Live PD to watch so that provided the usual entertainment. Tuesday night when I was driving home I took the back way instead of the infamous Interstate 4; part of the journey was going through Pasco County, which for awhile now as been one of the counties Live PD covers and to my non-surprise, the trashiest, goofiest people you see on the show are from Pasco.

As for regurgitation, that is referencing what I saw on Friday. Waiting in line for the Avatar line, I rounded a corner and saw a huge pile of puke on the ground... and a young man barfing into a trash can! Thankfully it was in an area where everyone could easily step around the puke. There could be several reasons as to why he vomited in the late afternoon at Walt Disney World; at long as he did not have anything contagious-and I've felt fine since then-I won't worry or speculate as to why he did something so embarrassing.

On that lovely note... the next time I return, I hopefully won't have to discuss more bodily fluids being expelled violently from someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment