Monday, April 16, 2018

Big River Grille & Brewing Works, Old Key West Resort & Howey-In-The-Hills

Yes, there's a town in Florida named Howey-In-The-Hills and it was named by a Mr. Howey, who clearly wasn't lacking in self-confidence. My Monday and Tuesday were not noteworthy at all. That was fine as they were both rainy days. I can't complain because like it was last year, Florida has been deficient when it comes to matching its average annual rainfall. Wednesday, I went to Disney Springs and for the first time in years I used their bus system to visit one of the Disney Resort hotels. I had a few in mind and the one I went to depended on which bus showed up first. That's how I ended up at the Boardwalk; it beat going to Epcot and making the long walk from there to the Boardwalk. I ate at the Big River restaurant there. Yes, I did have a beverage at the place, which actually brews some beers on site.

Thursday, I went to a restaurant new to me and someone else. It was literally found by me from looking randomly at the surrounding area on Google Maps, which is how I've found out about other places before. The restaurant was known as JB Boondock's Bar & Grill; it was literally on a lake in the aforementioned Howey-In-The-Hills so it was nice scenery. The service wasn't the best but at least my food was good. The shrimp that the someone else had could have been better, according to them. Still, I did not mind going there. On the way there part of the shortcut I took was a dirt road, which I did not know beforehand; it meant that the main thing I did on Friday was a visit to the car wash.

I could have done several different things for the weekend that would have resulted in many hours away from home. That includes a Tampa Bay Rays game; Saturday and Sunday they... instead I saved time and money by returning to Disney Springs to use their transportation system again. This time I went to the Old Key West Resort. It's not the boldest themed place they have on property yet it's still nice and there are many sharp-looking villas which do remind me of Key West. I was there once before (Old Key West, although I've been at Key West itself too by myself, years ago) so I figured it was time to visit this resort again. After walking around I had a quick dinner from an outdoor stand; I did do a Good Samaritan deed: right in front of me was a girl who was like 12 years old and she got drinks for I presume her and her siblings. The total was like $9.82 and she only had 9 bucks on her. As she was in a pickle of a situation and her family was nowhere to be seen, I did give her a dollar, which she definitely appreciated. I am only telling this tale to show that I am not always a heel!

Sunday, it was another rainy day so I did nothing. The upcoming week, I have a few ideas when it comes to plans and activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment