Monday, April 9, 2018

Central 28 Honey Bach, The Villanova Wildcats, Dee Dee Ramone & Pam Grier

I actually started off the preceding week with some excitement. Monday night the 2nd I went to the local Buffalo Wild Wings (as I had a coupon which meant the food I ordered was a few dollars off) to watch the big final game in the college basketball season. The game ended up being a laugher as Villanova easily won. I could have done without Nova's best player flopping on the ground as if he was in the NBA-one of the many reasons why I don't watch the NBA-but Michigan would have lost even if not for that. I am glad I also had Samuel Adams' Sam '76 and Blue Moon Mango Wheat for the first time... both were fine.

Tuesday, I got what I say whenever I get a haircut, which is that it was much-needed. This time it was especially so. I then went into Orlando for something. After that I was in the downtown area, where I stopped at a place for the first time-I am talking about Market on Magnolia. I ate dinner there and had two tasty beers... Central 28 Honey Bach and Walking Tree Brewery Babycakes, which is an oatmeal stout. I was happy to have both, and both are from local breweries. Wednesday through Friday were rather nondescript, and Saturday I only went to Walmart, where I picked up a few random items. Sunday, business picked up.

Sunday, I saw something at the Florida Film Festival, which is held in the Orlando suburb cities of Winter Park and Maitland. I've talked about it throughout the years as I've occasionally gone to see films there. This time it was a screening of Jackie Brown and none other than PAM GRIER would be in attendance. The ticket wasn't the cheapest yet I would feel like a fool for not going, as she's awesome. Indeed she was as she spoke for awhile after the film and talked about various things. It's better seen than described by me, that is for sure. She did not bash anyone or sling dirt; instead she talked about her career, live living in rural Colorado, Richard Pryor, and plenty of other things.

Even before the movie, things were interesting. The screening was at The Enzian, which has an outdoor bar. I could bash an older woman who was LOUD as she obviously had too much to drink... I mean, she literally bragged about the previous times there where a bartender had to cut her off of more booze! Still, I'll be nice... although she did spill some alcohol and I thought that was pretty funny. Plus, here is something random... overhearing that another old person right by you is the sister of the late Dee Dee Ramone; yes, as in Dee Dee, the bassist for The Ramones, no kidding. I did not say anything to her, and what would I say, anyhow? Oh, and as for the movie Jackie Brown, when I first saw it many years ago, I rated the film was “meh”. Now, I realize how mistaken I was. It's not my favorite QT yet in no way is it “meh”, let alone bad.

When I return a week from today, I doubt it will be as eventful as the preceding week but you never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment