Monday, January 29, 2018

Internet Issues, Skid Marks & Snowdrift Vanilla Porter

In the preceding week, I did go out to restaurants more often than usual. Ironically, on the day that a friend of one of my parents left to go home, a friend of the other parent ended up coming over for a few days. This person-who just left a few hours ago-lives a couple of hours away so it wasn't like at the last minute he decided to drive across a few states to hang out with my 'rents. Last Monday, the party wanted to go to Applebee's so that's where we went. That was fine, and I dropped them off before heading off to Orlando. On the way to the restaurant, it was easy for me to spot someone driving recklessly. It was the opposite of shocking then when they suddenly stomped on their brakes so hard (to avoid rear-ending an innocent party) that they burned rubber pretty hard and left skid marks on the pavement. Once I was on my own, I saw the aftermath of two fender-benders and general buffoonery on the road. So in essence, not too much worse than a typical day on the road in Central Florida.

Anyhow, Monday evening I went to Total Wine & More, where I got a few beverages. The main highlight there was a 12 pack of 4 different beers from Wisconsin's Leinenkugel's brewery. I am sure that the special lager and Pomegranate Shandy in the collection is good, but so far I've only had the Euro Dark Lager known as Creamy Dark and their Snowdrift Vanilla Porter; both are good. I then stopped at a nearby Target, where some random items were purchased. Tuesday, everyone wanted to eat at Outback Steakhouse, which was fine with me. Some trashy people were there (the highlight being some guy getting mad about his steak... when from what I overheard, he never specified how long he wanted it to be cooked) yet the experience was fine and so was the food. Wednesday was the last day this friend was here and the restaurant was Macaroni Grill; again, that went fine.

Thursday, one friend of a parent left and shortly thereafter, a friend of the other parent showed up. He's visited my parents at their house before. Thursday through Sunday was quite dull; one day I went to Walmart to pick up a few items and another day I went to Firehouse Subs for dinner as I hadn't eaten there in many months (that was mainly because there are plenty of restaurant options in Central Florida, not because I don't like their food); otherwise, the only other thing is me talking about Internet issues where I am at. The preceding few days before Sunday night, the Internet was at times spotty. There were occasions where I had to shut down the router and start it back up again. Even though it fixed the problem, I knew it did not necessarily mean that was the source of the problem. Sunday night, I realized that it was the fault of my Internet/phone/cable provider, Spectrum. That was because it went down for a few hours and via my phone's 4G and a popular website that reports when cable providers are having problems, it was a Spectrum issue that affected many people in many different states. Not that it made me feel much better... especially considering the problem has not gone away as of now and it's one of several problems I've had with technology this month. At least I don't have to use Comcast, an evil entity that I've heard many different people tell many different horror stories about. 

When I return a week from today, I'll definitely have more to talk about. There is “that one big game”, among other things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment