Monday, October 30, 2017

The Snowman, Stranger Things, Toasted, & Mountain Dew Game Fuel

Thank heavens this past week was better for me than the week before that. Monday the 23rd, I went to the local cineplex to see The Snowman, despite all the incredibly bad buzz I heard about it. The trailers were fine... well, the movie is as bad as you heard. 10 to 15% of the script was supposed to be filmed but wasn't; then there was the story being lame and unexciting, meaning even if everything was filmed, this would still not be good but what I saw was terrible in a mesmerizing way, with many baffling moments. I can't believe something with such talent and based on a book character known worldwide would turn out to be a dumpster fire.

Tuesday I had to make another airport run. It was Orlando International again and again, there was no shortage of cretins in the area I had to deal with behind the wheel. Before that I ate at a local place I only stumbled upon via Google Maps when I was hoping to find a different place to try out. It was called Toasted. I wish it would have been toasty warm in there but instead I felt like I was in a walk-in freezer. Things like that make me not want to come back there... a shame, as the burger & fries I had were good. Nothing happened on Wednesday so let me mention what I watched from the 22nd to the 24th: Stranger Things. Believe it or not, despite several people asking me to, I just now watched the series. It was not something I loved like many do... I can still say it's pretty good, with an interesting story and cool characters. I wish it wouldn't have had some cliché moments but I am nitpicking. Plus, the 80's setting of course I found to be enjoyable.

Thursday, I was at a Target to get a random item, which I got... along with the return of the limited edition Mountain Dew Game Fuel; it's now a yearly tradition for there to be two special flavors for a limited time and it's connected to a popular videogame. This time it's Tropical Smash and Arctic Burst; both are good. I also stopped at an Aldi's to pick up another random item. Friday... oh what a day Friday was. I had to go to the dentist to get some work done on my teeth. It was the sort of thing which took time. They discovered the nearby tooth needed a new filling so that was done also. It took some time to get that filling right so I was there for a long period of time. Being in the chair for so long wasn't ideal, to say the least. That evening, I had to go to the high-end Mall at Millenia in Orlando, because of reasons. That task was taken care of and besides walking around and looking at a few items in a few stores (without buying), I purchased something unusual, which was from Mrs. Fields in the food court: a chocolate chip cookie smoothie. It was good, thankfully.

As I had the hectic Friday and was exhausted on Friday night, I relaxed both Saturday & Sunday and did nothing at all. As for the Chicago Bears... there's a lot I could say but considering that a Chicago player (Zach Miller) suffered such a severe leg injury an artery was torn and there were fears about him losing his leg... him ever playing again is minor in comparison. I did not see the game in full and I am glad I did not; the Bears lost to the New Orleans Saints. I have watched at least parts of all the World Series games and both games 2 and 5 (the one last night) were quite crazy.

When I return a week from today, I do know I'll talk about the new season of Stranger Things; I am slowly but surely working my way through that and I'll finish it by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment