Monday, November 6, 2017

The World Series, More Stranger Things & Tropickles

Would you believe that at Walmart they sell pickles that are combined with... FRUIT PUNCH? I swear this is true. Personally, it sounds so bizarre, and yet I can't imagine it tasting any good. Thus, don't expect me to ever have one.

The preceding week had some interesting moments. Monday the 30th was me returning to Epcot to enjoy the Food & Wine Festival once again. I was hoping to return there sooner but other things got in the way so it took until this day. It was a cool Florida day-relatively speaking-so I was hoping the place would be sparsely attended... I was wrong. It was quite busy. That is OK as I still walked around, had some food & drink, and I discovered that a segment of the population still loves Hanson; yes, they are still around and they were one of the retro acts who played the festival. Halloween, I did nothing, and that was the plan. I watched TV and relaxed.

Wednesday, I did go somewhere to see Game 7 of the World Series. I was at a World of Beer, but not the one in town; it would close for the night before the game was finished. Instead, I was at another one. I had a late dinner and watched the game as I had a few drinks. That experience went fine. The contest wasn't as competitive as expected... that is life. I did not have a rooting interest in who would win the series. It'd be nice for Houston to win as for awhile there their team was really bad, and then there's the whole Hurricane Harvey thing. But the Los Angeles Dodgers had a great season, hadn't been to a World Series in almost 30 years and I know someone who is a huge fan of the team. Well, Houston ended up winning.

Thursday and Friday were boring days but Saturday, I went to a few stores in town. At Target I helped an elderly lady and gave her a cart; she asked for one. I also had a late lunch there. At Dollar General I looked for some Jolt Cola (as that's the only place which is selling it) and they did not have any but I got some other items instead. Sunday I stayed in; the Bears did not play this week so let me move onto one last thing:

I finished watching the second season of Stranger Things. The first season I did not love but I still thought it was pretty good. This second season, it was more of the same. I could nitpick about various things and yet it was pretty good. There was one episode (or chapter as the show calls it) which a lot of people hated; me, I say it did not turn out as well as it should have. But, the last two chapters were great and I am glad I have now seen both seasons. Most of the characters are quite enjoyable and I am relieved they chose the right actors for those parts, especially the little kid leads.

I realize the preceding week I had was on the boring side. I should have more to discuss when I return a week from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment