Monday, October 23, 2017

Brass Tap, Mystery Oreos & A Very Melancholy Week

I hate to write something that will be a downer but I have to in this case. I alluded to it the last time I wrote... on Monday the 16th I found out that the night before, I lost my final grandparent. I had one who died before I was born and another who I only have a faint memory of as he passed away when I was a toddler; I am thankful that I had one grandfather and one grandmother who did not live that far away and thus I had the opportunity to see both on a frequent basis. The grandfather passed away in the fall of '09 and only a few months away from making it to 100 years old, my grandmother died. Those grandparents did love me and my siblings so losing them was and is upsetting. I am sure you can understand why I felt “blah” for much of the week and did not do too much, but I still did some things.

Monday through Wednesday, nothing of note happened except real early Wednesday morning I had to make another airport run. I was fine with that, even with it being at Orlando International Airport and the traffic there being busy, meaning plenty of rude behavior there; then again, I saw plenty of rude behavior on the roads outside of OIA; it was the usual buffoonery. On the way back, I ate at the prestigious restaurant chain known as... Waffle House. You can only imagine the denizens of that place in the wee hours of the morning. But I had no problems there and it was a small quick meal anyhow.

Thursday, I ended up in Orlando and after doing something, I stopped somewhere and it wasn't the original plan-yet I finally decided I should try out the Florida bar/restaurant chain known as the Brass Top. As they're all about craft beer, it's a given I would eventually end up there. That was a cool place; besides beverages I also had dinner, which was a personal sized pizza made with pretzel dough, which actually was good. Friday, it was not a good day. I won't go into why but at least I can still list a positive, as I got a haircut I really did need.

Saturday and Sunday, I won't say much about either. It was more “blah” for me and I'd rather not go into details as to why, except it was the usual story of the little things... I stayed home so I only saw parts of the Chicago Bears game against the Carolina Panthers. Once again I did not expect the Bears to win and well, I was once again incorrect. The score was Chicago 17, Carolina 3. The NFL this year is so unpredictable and I am not saying that in a good way; I've complained about the league enough as of late and this has already been too negative. Thus, I also won't complain how except for two big plays by one Bears player, the game sounded absolutely atrocious.

To mention two asides, the TV show LivePD returned recently and I was greatly amused when I found out that one of the counties they'd be following was Pasco County in Florida; that is just north of Tampa and I've been in there and through there many times before. No surprise there were plenty of interesting-looking and downright weird people already on there. I'd laugh... except that I also see characters like this closer to home, including at nearby Waffle Houses! Secondly, I did try the Mystery Oreo; a package was purchased. The first one I had, I thought it was a type of flavor; the second one, I figured out what it was. I will not spoil the mystery for those still waiting to try a cookie.

When I return a week from today... it being better than the week I just had is almost a given.

No comments:

Post a Comment