Monday, October 2, 2017

Expedition Everest, American Made, & New Glarus Brewing Company Spotted Cow

Here's what I've done since last Monday. Monday the 25th was pretty boring, but the 26th was more interesting. In the evening I went to the Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World. Only recently have they started having the park open when it's dark out. One of the reasons why is the new Pandora world, which I've raved about as being amazing aesthetically, which it is. While it doesn't look as impressive with low lighting, it looks neat in a different way as it's lit up in a bioluminescent way, although it's mainly a faux look. I was able to go on a few rides, even. It is always neat going on Expedition Everest, as it's a roller coaster. It was a neat Tuesday, in other words. Wednesday was dull except for a trip to Chiptole, but Thursday...

Thursday night, I only saw the first half of the Chicago Bears game against the Green Bay Packers. Yes, I did not watch all of the game despite the Bears somehow winning last weekend and the contest being against their hated rivals. Like I said the last time, it has nothing to do with the whole kneeling/protests thing; rather, it's the poor quality of NFL play in general (it's usually not that fun to watch anymore) and especially how poor the play is on Thursday, as the players are not rested enough to where they can play at 100%. The NFL knows those games are typically comparable to diarrhea and yet they care more about money than anything else, so that makes me not really care about the National Football league. As for the game itself, oof.

I saw only the first quarter of the game, as there was a long lightning delay. That was more than enough for me as Chicago looked even worse than usual; they ended up losing 35-14. I watched that at the local Cinepolis (in Davenport), as I was going to watch American Made late at night. Incidentally, they are going to open one closer to me sometime late this year. I watched the film on a giant IMAX screen and I wish it was only me in there. More often than I wanted to, I had to turn around and stare daggers at more than one group of people who were being cretins and Troglodytes; they were doing the expected odious behavior at a movie theatre. I wasn't happy, as American Made was pretty good. I always hate those moments but when it happens during a movie that's pretty good to great, that especially is infuriating. Anyhow, that movie is “based on true events” (even though plenty of what you saw was made up) and is about Barry Seal; I've heard of him but I should read at least one book about him to get the true story, which I understand was as crazy as what you saw in the film.

Friday and Sunday I did nothing. I thought about doing something, but as I'll be doing things this upcoming week that I only found out about recently, I might as well save some cash and relax when I could. Saturday, I went and got food from Wawa. That was it for highlights, so let me mention one last thing: recently someone I know from the Midwest came down here and they brought down a case of beer from New Glarus Brewing Company, of New Glarus, Wisconsin. Way back when I was a kid, I was in that town a few times. It looks exactly like an old Swiss village, which is pretty neat. It was a sampler pack with 4 different beers; I only had the Spotted Cow brew, as I know some people who rate it quite highly. It's a cream ale and yeah it was good.

What happened in Las Vegas last night... awful. I hope I don't have to write about any more unspeakable tragedies when I return a week from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment