Monday, October 16, 2017

Dragon Breath, The Foreigner and Big Top & WOB SRQ PB&J Pale Ale

Now is not the time for it, but when I return a week from today I'll explain why today is a pretty blah day for me, to put it mildly. I don't mean to leave everyone on a cliffhanger... you'll find out what I am referring to in a week's time.

Monday the 9th, I was originally going to do something else. Circumstances dictated that I do something else instead. It's nothing to shed a tear about-the change in plans was for the better. I ended up at the Florida Mall. I walked around and saw that some new stores were open. The only items I purchased was a meal and something that was a one time only thing, but it was pretty wacky. There was a stand known as Dragon Breath and I saw what looked like large corn puffs in jars. That was put into a giant bowl and liquid nitrogen is poured on it. It creates quite the party trick: those are put into a cup and as you eat it with a pick, steam comes out of your mouth and nostrils. It was different, for sure. In the evening, I watched the Chicago Bears play. They did not play the day before as they were on Monday Night Football against the Minnesota Vikings. The Bears started their new rookie quarterback; they ended up losing but that's what I expected. The second half had some excitement, but the first half was among the worst football I've ever seen on any level; it was appallingly bad.

Tuesday I did nothing but Wednesday I ended up in Orlando. While it was not the original plan, I ate dinner at O'Charley's. They make good food and it's more location (at a busy intersection) than anything else which is why I don't frequent there more often. I had dinner... and a margarita. I rarely drink those but it was only a few bucks on this night. I even had dessert; I tell you, it was an excellent decision to have a small slice of frozen strawberry lemonade pie. Thursday, I went somewhere to see The Foreigner. It was nice seeing Jackie Chan on the big screen again. It wasn't so nice how the audience experience wasn't the greatest and once again I had to stare at some people as I left the auditorium at movie's end. Yes, it was the usual atrocious behavior. I'd love to do more than that to those ogres, but getting into an altercation like that wouldn't have turned out well for me. Especially in this case, where the perpetrators did not look like MIT graduates, to put it bluntly. Oh yeah, I should mention that The Foreigner was good; not great, but still good and I was entertained. It actually relates to the IRA; hopefully the “younger” people reading this remember the IRA. If not, that'll make me feel real old.

Friday the 13th, I did watch a Jason Voorhees movie (I've seen them all) and it happened to be the silly 8th one where it was advertised as him being in Manhattan but that's only the final act. In the evening I went and picked someone up from the airport. It was the one in Sanford so on the way there I killed time at a World of Beer. One of the drinks I had was a ::takes a deep breath:: Big Top & WOB SRQ PB&J Pale Ale, which is a very long name for a brew made by Big Top Brewing Company out of Sarasota. It has peanut butter and strawberry flavor, which sounds odd but it was good. Despite it being a rainy night, I had no issue when it came to picking up that person and bringing them to their destination.

The weekend, I did nothing. The Bears played again but I decided not to go anywhere to see the game in full as I expected them to lose to the Baltimore Ravens. Well, the Bears were inept but Baltimore was even worse so somehow Chicago won in overtime. The way the Bears almost blew the game was atrocious... I mean, even by their standards. At least it's a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment