Monday, September 25, 2017

Tales of Lucky's Market & Not Watching Substandard Football

This for sure won't be as exciting as the last few posts I have made; I was OK with having a low-key week. Monday through Wednesday was quite dull, unless you want me to go at length about getting a chocolate shake from the local Culver's. I did feel bad when I heard about what Hurricane Maria did to Puerto Rico; those poor people in the Caribbean had to deal with two giant storms almost back to back. Thursday was more interesting; I went to a few stores. My time in a random Big Lots and a Walmart went as expected, but I went to a store for the first time. It was a Lucky's Market, which is best described as a competitor to World Market... a lot of niche things, organic items, etc. As typical I got various food & drink items, including alcohol. Things were simplified for me when I saw they also had a cafe and a deli, so I was able to have a turkey sandwich with a beverage and not have to worry about where I was gonna go for dinner as I made my way home. A LM is going to open up a few miles away from me... in at least a year's time. The place I was at was in the eastern part of Orlando, near the UCF campus, so I will only be there once in a long while, unfortunately.

Friday and Saturday I did nothing; Sunday had something to talk about. That Bears game... I did not even go out to see it. No, it has nothing to do with the now white-hot controversy revolving around the NFL, the national anthem, kneeling, and sometimes not even coming out of the locker room for the anthem. I won't give my opinion on that topic as I know only trouble can come from me making a comment. I will say that if people want to boycott the NFL, it should be due to the game not being as fun to watch anymore, which is mainly due to the rule changes they've made in the 21st century; there's a long topic that I may talk about another time. It's a big part why I am meh about the National Football League. 

Anyhow, the Bears played against the Pittsburgh Steelers and I just presumed Pittsburgh would win because they were the better team. Well... Chicago got lucky and they won in overtime. Because of one play at the end of the first half, I am glad I did not watch the game in full. Pittsburgh attempted to kick a field goal; Chicago blocked it and a player tried running it the other way to the end zone, as that would have resulted in 7 points for the Bears. Well, this numnuts slowed down BEFORE the end zone so the ball was knocked out of his hands, and no 7 points. Chicago deserved to lose for a play that will go down in legend for being so bad.

I did do something in the evening, though. I returned to Disney Springs. I walked around and went in a few stores. I also ate at an old favorite, Splitsville. As I've said plenty of times before, I really enjoy their food. I saw parts of a few football games as I had dinner.

I'll end things here; I could remark how Florida traffic is as bad as it's ever been but I don't want to end things on a negative. Thus, I'll say that when I return next Monday, I should have more events to discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment