Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween, Deep Fried Twinkies & Southern Tier Warlord

I did not have the most exciting end of October, but that is OK. Monday, I ended up being out and about. I went to the Total Wine & More in Altamone Springs (where I did make a purchase), walked around the Altamonte Mall, then ate dinner at the nearby Denny's. Tuesday, the World Series began. It reminded me of how I wish my grandfather was still around to see this. Without going too much into detail about his life story, he was a watcher of the Cubs since he ended up in Chicago, early 1950's; he went to his share of games at Wrigley Field and watched the team on television. He passed away in 2009 and I know he would have loved to have seen them in the World Series. The Cubs lost , by the way. I am not one to usually complain about the length of baseball games but the ones in the World Series have been too long. I place a lot of blame on the Fox Network, as I usually blame a lot of things on them, as they are usually a pretty terrible network. The umpiring, it wasn't as bad as I heard from various people on Facebook... although there was a call or two that wasn't so good, to put it mildly. Then again I don't get as worked up over such things as most sports fans, as referees aren't as bad as most sports fans think.

Wednesday, besides the Cubs winning there was me and someone else going to Romano's Macaroni Grill. It's a place I should go once a blue moon; it's not the cheapest joint but they do make pretty tasty food. Thursday I did not do much of note but Friday, I ended up at Walmart. I got some miscellaneous items, including Deep Fried Twinkies, which is in the frozen food aisle and I had heard about from someone I know. You have to put them in the oven for a few minutes; that is what I did on this night; not bad. Saturday, I didn't do a thing but Sunday, I went to Wawa for some sandwiches; like I said, what a way to end October. At least the Cubs still have a shot at winning the World Series.

The only other thing I have to say is that I had some interesting beer in the past week; it included some pumpkin-flavored beer. The only one I'll go into detail on is Southern Tier Warlord. The brewery is in southwestern New York and I've had another one of their beers in the past. They are a fine brewery from my experience and hearsay. I had Southern Tier Warlord, which is an Imperial Stout mixed with pumpkin and it was pretty tasty. I need to try more of their brews.

When I return next Monday, I should have a little more to talk about. The Bears play tonight and they are the perfect team to see Halloween night; I am expecting a frightful and horrifying performance from them! I know that when I post two weeks from today, that will be quite eventful. November 11 to 13 will be quite busy for me as I'll be doing several activities, which I'll talk about next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment