Monday, October 17, 2016

Shin Godzilla, Prime Pantry, Tiffany & Dreadful Football

Here's a recap of what I've done since last Monday. That Monday was uneventful so let me skip ahead to Tuesday. I not only went to Brick House Tavern & Tap for a meal (as I hadn't been there in a long while; it was a tasty meal) but I also went to the Cinemark at the Festival Bay Mall for the first time in months to see a certain movie. It was Shin Godzilla, also known as either Shin Gojira or Godzilla: Resurgence. It's the new Godzilla movie made by Toho. It was neat finally seeing a Japanese Godzilla flick on the big screen. This one is different from the norm; there's plenty of political talk and focus on how a country would manage such a disaster and how you'd still get that damned bureaucracy even when a giant bipedal lizard is about to destroy your country. I am sure the movie will be polarizing; I loved it, personally... although the 2014 American Godzilla movie is still more polarizing... and I loved that too.

Wednesday, it was another airport run. This time it was to Orlando International Airport. Both the trip there & back and my stop at the nearby Larry's Giant Subs were uneventful experiences. Thursday I did not do anything, so onto Friday. I'll just say that when someone who almost causes you to crash your car probably isn't the worst person you saw driving a vehicle on that day... what a month October has been, and I mean that in a bad way. Too many blah days in half a month. Maybe November will be better... I returned to Walt Disney World, Epcot in particular. At least once I entered the park, things were fine. I briefly got rained on but it wasn't like my last time there where I got drenched. I had more random food & drink and the retro musical act performing there this weekend: Tiffany! From listening to part of the performance, I know that she has a new album out. Yes, she's still making music. I suppose it's better than appearing in atrocious films for The Asylum such as Mega Piranha and Mega Python vs. Gatoroid. Yes, those are actual movies she starred in.

As a random aside, I am an Amazon Prime member, at least at the moment. A few years ago, I wouldn't have predicted that I would use Amazon as much as I do now. I stream various movies, order Blu-ray films, and also get the likes of books, electronic items, etc. As a one time only thing (at least, maybe) I tried out Prime Pantry; you can even get groceries from Amazon, if you didn't know. The main thing was getting a 12 pack of Ecto Cooler, and it'd be a lot cheaper to do it via Prime Pantry. You get to fill up a big box and you have hundreds of options; it includes other items you'd find at a grocery store, such as paper towels and napkins. I got a variety of items and the price wasn't too bad. 

Saturday and Sunday I was happy to stay at home and relax. Sunday, I was able to watch the Bears play without leaving he house as they were on the local CBS station. They played another poor team in the Jacksonville Jaguars. I actually thought the Bears had a decent shot at winning this game. Well... they lost 17-16. They were winning 13-0 going into the 4th quarter and still lost the game. I guess I'll give the Jaguars credit but the only other thing I'll say is: the game was bowling shoe ugly. When I said that the Bears won't win often this season, I wasn't kidding. Thank heavens I did not go out someone to see such garbage.

When I return a week from today... a week without calamity or frustration would certainly be nice, wouldn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment