Monday, October 3, 2016

Blaze Pizza, Left Hand Milk Stout & The Western Bulldogs

This past Monday, I decided to make my return to Disney Springs despite it being rainy weather in the area. Thankfully, by the time I got there, it was only sprinkling and it wasn't long before it stopped entirely. I went to Blaze Pizza, a chain I hadn't heard of before but from searching I now know they have locations across the country. You order pizza and it's cooked at such a hot temperature it only takes like 5 minutes, if that. It was pretty good, so I can recommend that. Tuesday, I went with someone to the local Red Robin restaurant as we hadn't been to one in a long time. That place was remodeled since we last were there so that was a surprise. The changes were for the better. The food does taste as good as usual.

Wednesday and Thursday I did not do anything of note so onto Friday. I was in Orlando and among the things I did, I returned to Twin Peaks for dinner. I tried to ignore the incredibly loud idiots there (a few were in that category) as I had a tasty dinner and an ice cold beverage to wash it down. Late at night, I watched some Australian Rules Football... the AFL Grand Final, to be exact; it's their version of the Super Bowl, the championship game of the season. Sydney (familiar to the Grand Final in recent years) against Western, who hadn't even been in a Grand Final since 1961. While I rarely mention it anymore I do still watch the AFL. It was an exciting game that the Western Bulldogs won 89 to 67; the game was close until the very end. It was a nice story as Western won their first title since 1954.

Saturday, I returned to the World of Beer. This one was in Dr. Phillips. I had a tasty dinner there along with some darker beers. The one in particular I wanted they claimed they did not have... even though it was listed on their site and app. I got something else instead. The best drink was Stone Coffee Milk Stout. I did get to see some exciting conclusions of college football games. I did not even get mad when a Tennessee fan kept on shrieking at the end of the game vs. Georgia, as how Tennessee won was so unexpected yet it happened. I then drove home and much of the drive was through pounding rain. I was fine, as due to traffic and there being standing water on the roads I had to drive quite carefully.

Sunday, I went to another World of Beer, this time right in Clermont to watch the Chicago Bears play against another lousy team in the Detroit Lions. The Lions often had miscommunication on plays where not everyone was on the same page concerning which play was being run... and Chicago still barely won. Still, I'll take that victory. Unfortunately, there were too many stupid and annoying people at WOB for my tastes; some were incredibly loud also. At least I had a tasty waffle lunch and some more dark beer. The highlight there was the fabled Left Hand Milk Stout.

When I return on what is known as Columbus Day (but some call Indigneous Peoples Day, and I don't blame anyone for feeling that way), I do have an idea or two as to what activities I'll be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment