Monday, June 1, 2015

The Blackhawks, I Drive 360, The Orlando Eye & Tin Roofs... Rusted?

Unfortunately I was a little under the weather for much of the week so I only have one real day of entertainment to talk about. I mean, Memorial Day the only real bit of info I have to share is that I went to Papa John's to get some pizza, which tasted fine. Tuesday, I went to Target (where I paid cash) to pick up a few items, I did not do anything Wednesday, Friday or Sunday (unless anyone wants to hear about me cleaning my bathroom, which is unlikely), and the main activity I did on Thursday was get some gasoline. So onto the one interesting day, which was Saturday, and the night before I was giving my brain a workout trying to figure out what I could and what I should do.

Finally, I figured it out and Saturday I finally moseyed on over to the new I Drive 360, the area on International Drive where the main attraction is a giant fancy 400 foot tall Ferris Wheel but the complex has several other activities to do (such as an aquarium and Madame Tussauds Wax Museum). I didn't do any of those-that will come on a later date-but I did walk around to see that quite a bit is still under construction and those shops/restaurants will open on a later date. Before I got there I stopped at a nearby World of Beer, where I had two beverages. The music they played was all classic rock, which suited me just fine. Considering the brutal traffic there and back, I was happy to have some “liquid relief” to calm the nerves.

I decided to eat at the major restaurant actually open now at I Drive 360, which is known as Tin Roof; I don't know if the roof is rusted or not but they have about a dozen locations across the Southeast and it has what may be a hipster sort of vibe (the music/music videos they played did include two Black Keys songs but it was mainly older tunes which made me happy); I'll just describe it as “funky decor”. They have musical acts playing there live every late night. As for the food, it was pretty good so I will eat there again in the future.

Saturday night I did see the Chicago Blackhawks win so now they'll play against the Tampa Bay Lightning in the Stanley Cup Finals. Tampa Bay's team is cool and all but I have to go with the old home area team and root for Chicago. No I don't plan on going to any of the games in Tampa as getting one at the box office won't happen due to demand and paying an outrageous amount from any sort of scalper... I can watch it at home and be content. I am not sure about the Rolling Stones and their performance at the Citrus Bowl late next week; if I can find a ticket not too outrageous... at least I did see them once, back in Tampa October of '05 (which was a fun time) so seeing them isn't a critical priority.

I'll be back a week from today; that should be a more interesting week than the one I just had.

No comments:

Post a Comment