Monday, June 15, 2015

The One Time I Was Reminded Once Again Just What An Odd Human Being I Am

I say that I am once again reminded of how I am just a strange human being due to what I saw this past Thursday night, which was Jurassic World. Many seem to enjoy it but I thought it was a pretty awful film and unlike many people I was not able to get over how atrocious the story and characters were. I know some people strongly disagreed with me but that is OK. I am fine with stating my opinion as that's honestly how I felt about it; what a crap movie.

Monday, the only thing I did was go to Jimmy John's to get dinner for me and someone else; we enjoyed the food and as they hadn't eaten there in a few years, that's the big reason why I decided to go there. In the evening I saw the Blackhawks lose the hockey game and that was unfortunate. Tuesday, it was a rainy day with thunderstorms so I stayed in and did not do a thing. 

Wednesday, that was more interesting. In the evening I decided to go elsewhere to watch the 4th game in the Stanley Cup Final series between Tampa Bay and Chicago, and that happened to be the local World of Beer. Really, I need to get a loyalty card from there so I am rewarded by the wide variety of drinks I consume there. I am glad that my tastes are more varied than before, so I feel willing to try some wacky Belgian brew which had a unique taste but was OK, or a double chocolate stout, which was actually good and I don't always care for heavier beers than that. My time there was fine and it was nice to see Chicago win so now it's tied at 2 games a piece. Wednesday wasn't as insane as Thursday was, that's for sure. I have a lot to say about that day, so hang on.

I was told by someone I know that there's a new theatre on the corner of U.S. Highway 27 and Interstate 4 known as Cinepolis and while the website wasn't too informative about the theatres it still looked nice so I was interested. It made the most sense for me to see Jurassic World on the Thursday it came out, so I did. I ended up driving down there and the traffic was as brutal as it always is on that stretch of 27. I was going to get a ticket then eat somewhere in that shopping plaza but much to my surprise I saw that their food menu had plenty of items so I could just stay there the entire time and eat dinner. I knew ahead of time that place was reserved seating only, which I usually am not for at all as I much rather prefer sitting where I want so I can avoid being by people (to be honest) or move elsewhere if someone angers me due to sheer rudeness. As it was a sold out screening and I got one of the last tickets the reserved seating didn't really matter.

My experience there did not go so well. I noticed that the place wasn't customer friendly; it looks fancy and all but when you act like everyone is supposed to know everything before walking in the door the first time... I have complained about it before and I have to do it again now. Getting a ticket went fine; I then ordered food and there was a snafu due to employee error and I had to talk to someone else to get it straighten out. At least that other employee was a nice young woman who fixed things and tried hard to make me feel better. That place still left a bad first impression but at least sometime in the future I'll try going there again and hopefully I'll have a better experience.

As for Jurassic World, many seem to love it despite the story and character issues; me, I could not get past that. Maybe I am just finally fed up with the typical Hollywood blockbuster but this was just awful all around even with the few positives it does have. It's especially bad when you compare it to the awesome original. Thursday was a pretty crap day all around with many little things and those celebrity deaths made me sad, and I couldn't even get much enjoyment out of it aside from laughing sometimes at how stupid it was. I did get the feeling that this would be a massive hit when I saw some people at the screening cosplaying, including a young woman in a green dinosaur costume!

Friday, I didn't do a thing and unfortunately late in the evening I got a phone call from someone I know out of state who was having computer issues, and it definitely wasn't their fault and I do not blame them for not being proficient at computers; basically, I couldn't give them sufficient help at the time... but thank the Lord the issue was actually minor and with just waiting and let everything load/download the problem was fixed. As I did not have another solution that wouldn't be incredibly long/frustrating and require trying to explain a many complicated step process to someone with limited computer knowledge/experience... I was incredibly relieved.

Saturday, instead of going out to see the UFC show on pay per view, I just stayed in so I could watch Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final, which Chicago won once again. What an incredibly close and even series it has been. I skipped out on seeing the pay per view in general, which I am fine with. The only other thing I did was go to Winter Garden Village for a bit where I picked up a few items. Sunday, I did not do anything at all.

When I return a week from today, I don't have anything planned yet but I'll stumble into an adventure or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment