Monday, June 8, 2015

American Pharoah, Moroccan Fire, & Feeling Melancholy

I'll mention right away what I feel melancholy about. Thursday night, I discovered on Facebook that yet another person I know who I either knew from back in the day in my old hometown of Belvidere or were in my high school class had passed away at too young an age. As typical it was due to no fault of their own and it's just sad. It has happened too often and it hasn't gotten any easier no matter how many times it has happened.

To lighten the mood, here's what I've done since last Monday. Monday the 1st I went to Walmart to pick up a few items. Nothing was out of the ordinary about that. Tuesday I didn't do anything but Wednesday had two things: the first was a dentist appointment. It was just a simple teeth cleaning. Thankfully nothing was wrong with my teeth so I don't have to go back there until early December. For me that's a relief as I was never blessed with the best or strongest teeth. In the evening I went with someone to Buffalo Wild Wings. That went fine. I had the boneless wings (as typical) and this time the limited edition sauce was called Moroccan Fire, which was an appropriate name. While hotter than what I usually eat, I still thought it wasn't bad.

Thursday was another dull day, except for that person I knew passing away too young. Friday was a lot more interesting. As I hadn't been to the southern part of the city of Lakeland for awhile I decided to drive down there, where I visited a few places and had dinner. I went to Books A Million and Rocket Fizz, where I did purchase items from both. I then ate at Burger 21, a chain that started in Florida and now is in a few other states also. Their food is decent so I am fine eating there once in awhile. I then went to one of my favorite restaurants (PDQ) just so I can get the limited edition shake they currently have, which was Dreamsicle; it was as awesome as it sounds.

Saturday I just stayed at home to watch the hockey game (the Blackhawks unfortunately lost) and I also saw the big horse race where American Pharoah finally won the first Triple Crown in horse racing since the late 70's; that sport I do not care that much about but I am glad it still happened since it had been so long. My mom's still a big fan and she was quite happy over the horse (the name being misspelled on accident and them not knowing it until too late... it is funny) winning.

Sunday, I went to Winter Garden Village for the first time in a few weeks and I saw that the Barnes & Noble (which I mentioned last month) there had closed down. I did not know when it would happen but figured that would be the case by this time. I have no idea what business will be in there next; I'll just miss going there as I had made many purchases there in the past. I did purchase something from Best Buy.

When I return a week from today, not too much is on the agenda yet but I do have a few ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment