Monday, June 22, 2015

The Annals Of Customer (Dis)service & Rescue 911 Pinball Tables

If it wasn't so far away (Atlanta, GA) I would have gone to an event there this past weekend known as the Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo, which is like the events I've gone to in Orlando before where you pay a flat fee to play a bunch of pinball tables and arcade machines. While dramatic moments and frustration has happened every time I've gone to one, at least I've always enjoyed playing what they had there. Well, more than one person I know was there in attendance and I discovered via tweets that there were pinball tables made of such things as the Maverick movie and... Rescue 911. Yes, they based it on that old CBS show from the early 90's where William Shatner narrated dramatizations of actual 911 calls. As it's something I actually watched as a kid (maybe that's why I watch true crime things as an adult) I literally laughed out loud when I saw that such a pinball table was actually made. The 90's must have been huge for the industry.

This past Monday I didn't do anything but Tuesday I did, and it was more drama for me. I went to Walmart and what I got I paid with a credit card. It wasn't too long ago I got a new card with a chip in it and I hadn't used it at Wally World before. Well, with the device used to swipe it, you have to do something different for it to work and the peabrain checking me out was of low IQ and couldn't see the obvious in that I was struggling and I needed assistance as the screen certainly wasn't providing any information and it was just way bigger a hassle than it should have been. Again I was just supposed to know this beforehand and I didn't say anything to that dope but I was not happy at how oblivious she was. Thankfully all the other employees I dealt with at all the other places I visited were pretty nice.

Wednesday was a better day, aside from pretty bad traffic. I was thinking of places I hadn't been for awhile and I realized I needed to return to Twin Peaks, which has nothing to do with David Lynch but instead is a Hooters-esque restaurant only this has a rustic theme. Yeah it engages in gender stereotyping by having “man sized” and “girl sized” drinks but that is par for the course with such a place. While it may sound like a joke I actually do enjoy both the atmosphere and the food there. Before that I stopped at a nearby Barnes & Noble as it's now the closest one to me. With I Drive 360 now open International Drive is now even busier, which will lead to headaches from me when I have to be there.

Thursday, I went with someone to Uno's Pizzeria, a place the neither of us had been for a long while. Our time there was fine and our food was tasty. The person I was with enjoyed their new lobster sliders. Friday I didn't do anything but Saturday, I decided to go to the eastern part of Orlando for the first time in awhile. I first went to Total Wine & More to see what they had available. As typical I spent more there than expected but it's OK as I don't go there too often. Finding a 12 pack of the incredibly smooth Mexican beer known as Victoria made me happy and I had to get it. I then went to the nearby Smashburger; I looked it up and saw that the first and only time I went to the location in Orlando was this past February. I figured it was time to return and I am glad I did as they have pretty decent food. The drive there and back was especially hectic but otherwise it was a nice Saturday.

Sunday, the only thing I did was put air in one of my tires; all 4 tires were checked as the tire pressure monitoring system light came on the day before. Only one needed air and thankfully where I am there's an air compressor and a tire pressure gauge. For this upcoming week, I have some things in mind for activities to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment