Monday, June 29, 2015

Showcase of Citrus, Hastings, Dubstep Cows & Having A Pinball Summer

To explain the title of this, the first is a location not too far from where I live that I only just visited a few days ago (and note that I've lived in Florida since 2004), the second is the store that recently purchased MovieStop (a place I enjoy going to), the third is a Chick-fil-A ad I saw on YouTube with a cow that had a glowstick and yes, a WUB WUB song played... and the last part references me and videogames and I'll get to that in a moment.

Last Monday and Tuesday I didn't do a thing and I was OK with that. There isn't much to talk about there; the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup the preceding week and of course I enjoyed that. One cool thing I am going to mention is me and videogames. I've just been messing around with various things and not going in-depth on any particular game. Well, the game I sometimes played on the good old Xbox 360 was Pinball Arcade. It's one of a few pinball games I've played on console in my life and they're all by the same company. It's great playing tables in person but doing it virtually is neat too. Well, due to legal reasons the version on the 360 only had a few tables while the other versions out there for like the PS3 and the computer had many more. Well, finally that was resolved recently so now I can download various classic tables for a few bucks at the time and I am happy about that. I will have a pinball summer; that reference is to an obscure 1980 Canadian T&A comedy called Pinball Summer which is infamous among some people I know as the alleged heroes are awful human beings and they act worse than the supposed villains (and the filmmakers did that by accident) and there are some that hate the movie.

Anyhow, onto Wednesday. I had thoughts of doing something else but I once again became old and sensible and I did other things instead. What I did instead was go to a MovieStop; that chain got bought out by Hastings, who sells all sorts of things besides movies... mainly cheap crap related to entertainment merchandise. That influence is now present at your typical MovieStop and I know people who aren't happy about it but it looks like it has the same number of discs (just now more tightly packed together on the shelves) so I won't get too miffed by it. After that I ate at an Arby's and had part of it there and the rest at home later; the closest one to me isn't in town so I only eat there once in a blue moon. At least their food is decent.

Thursday, I was going to get sandwiches from Publix but the one I went to, the stupidest people were working there (don't even ask) so I got mad and left and got sandwiches from Wawa instead. Yes, more bad customer service in Florida, not a shock to me. As there are plenty of other Publix grocery stores in the general area (non Florida people, that chain is ubiquitous around here) I can at least go there and hopefully get non-crap service. Friday, I decided to go to a local place a little bit south of where I live called Showcase of Citrus, where various quaint products are sold and you can even pick your own fruit. However it was rainy weather so I stayed inside and looked at the various things they had on sale, such as jelly/jam, BBQ sauces, wacky fruit wines, and what I got was orange juice. I had it before from when someone I know got it and it was pretty tasty. You pay a premium to experience the local products but I am fine with getting local products and I can't quite explain why I never went there until now.

Saturday and Sunday, I did not do anything of note. Yeah, much of this past week was quite boring. I am OK with that as today will definitely be more interesting for me. I'll explain that next Monday when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment