Monday, March 2, 2015

Spock, Ronda Rousey, Llamas & That One Dress

Here's a recap of what I've done in the past week. Monday I didn't do a thing, but Tuesday was a different story. I decided to go to a nearby haunt, the World of Beer. I had some alcoholic beverages there along with my usual of a burger and fries. I had beer from Thailand (now, I've had both Singha and Chang beer; both are fine), one from Germany (as it's part of my heritage and they have many different varieties there) and an American one that's strawberry-flavored, as I was genuinely curious to have such a thing. Yep, it did in fact taste like strawberries. It was a fine time there.

Wednesday I didn't do anything but Thursday, it was quite the day. In the afternoon I was entertained by the story of the two llamas on the loose. It certainly was wacky. In the evening I helped someone out by picking someone else up from airport up in Sanford in the evening. It was a dreary day but I was still happy to help them out. On the way up there I ate at a BurgerFi as it had been awhile since the last visit. It was at the location in Lake Mary. I then got gas and picked up that person and drove them home. There were some reckless drivers I saw... so in other words, it was a typical Florida day!

What a wacky day Thursday was. In the afternoon there was the two llamas on the loose in Arizona and I thought that would be the zaniest moment of the day. Oh no! I was without Internet for a few hours so imagine my shock when I returned home and saw all the uproar on many different sites about “that dress” and what color it actually was. At first it looked white and gold to me but when I saw another picture of how the dress actually looked I couldn't see it as being anything but blue and black. I won't go into the scientific reasons as to why such a thing happened but the buzz one little dress got was incredible to me.

Friday, the matter I alluded to in the last post I did about there being an “issue” at the place I live at... it's now resolved, although to fix the problem it required the joint to smell REALLY bad for a bit and despite it being a cooler day the windows were open to drive out the pungent odor. On a sadder note, I was disappointed to hear that Leonard Nimoy had passed away; as a kid I watched the original show and I've seen all the movies with the original cast more than once.

Saturday, it was an ugly rainy day-and into the evening-but in the evening I did go out to the movie theatre, to see the latest UFC pay per view. It wasn't the strongest card due to the biggest issue UFC faces (well, besides most of their fighters doing performance-enhancing drugs) and that is injuries. I suppose it was fine; the main event with Ronda Rousey was certainly memorable and I'll leave it at that. I went to the AMC at Downtown Disney but I wasn't able to walk around the area due to the weather.

Sunday, I relaxed and I was fine with that. When I return a week from today I do have some activities in mind for the upcoming week, the first one in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment