Monday, February 23, 2015

Jackberry Smash, Hurricane Grill & Wings And Honey On The Cat Hair

Here's the recap of what was sometimes a chilly week. If you want an explanation of “honey on the cat hair”, it's a phrase I just heard earlier in the month on a videogame podcast. It's in reference to an old now obscure game and basically, it's a puzzle in a videogame that has a preposterous solution no one could possibly figure out unless they look online to see how it's solved.

Last Monday I went to Walmart, where I got some items, and it doesn't always happen but on this occasion, let's just stay there were some people around who fit the stereotype of “Walmart shopper”. Tuesday, despite the rainy weather I went out to Winter Park where I ate at Shake Shack and enjoyed their very tasty food, I purchased some items from the nearby Trader Joe's, and I walked around the Altamonte Mall. I know I've said it many times before but boy was it ever proven on this evening: people in Florida drive even worse when it's raining. In this case it was such things as multiple people going 15 to 20 miles over the speed limit, swerving through traffic, and multiple people cutting me off. Even I was taken aback by how bad it was, people driving like that when the roads were wet and it was still raining.

Wednesday I didn't do a thing but Thursday, despite the cold (for Florida) weather, I did go out and about, to a local Target to get a few items then to the library for a bit. Alas, an issue happened at home. All I'll say about it is that it's a problem with the house itself and it's something that can be worked around but it will be a hassle until then and who knows how much money it will cost to fix it.

Friday, I went out again. I was thinking of places I hadn't been to for a meal in a long while and I remembered TGIFriday's, as I hadn't been there in a few years. Before that I got some discs from MovieStop, a place I enjoy looking around and I usually get things I plan on... and things I did not plan on. At the restaurant, I could have done without the loud people there but the food tasted fine (I had the almost always of a burger and fries) and I had an interesting drink called Jackberry Smash, which is Jack Daniel's with several other ingredients that you wouldn't think would go well together but it turned out alright.

Saturday I stayed home and relaxed, but Sunday was more interesting. It was my birthday, first of all. I am now 34 years old. That sounds unbelievable but it's true. I won't make jokes about being old as I know at least a few people who will strongly disagree with such opinions. For dinner I went with someone to a restaurant I had heard of before but never been to. It was Hurricane Grill & Wings. I found a coupon for it, which was nice too. They just opened south of where I live where another restaurant used to be, Santa Fe Cattle Co. Me and some people went there a few times. I stopped after those other people had an awful experience there, and now that chain has no locations in Florida.

Anyhow, the food there was good so I will be back in the future. On the way there, though... a semi almost ran us off the road! No kidding. All I had to do was stomp on the brakes and thankfully no one was close by me or else it could have been a catastrophe. That is worse than the one birthday I had about 8 or so years ago when I got a flat tire driving back from hanging out with some friends.

When I return a week from today, I actually have nothing on the agenda. I'll come up with some activities to participate in.

No comments:

Post a Comment