Monday, March 23, 2015

Overrated Movies, Selfie Sticks, Blueberry Pancakes & Dorita Swords

If you're wondering what a “Dorita Swords” even is, I'd like to know too; it was a sender of a spam e-mail I got a few days ago. Here's what I've done in the past week. Last Monday the 16th, soon after some people read my last blog post (and I am flattered they at least read that one, if that was the only one they've ever perused; I usually have no idea who even reads these) and concerning that wrestling show I tried going to... they said that I was either wrong or flat out lying about the time; I know what my watch said and that's all I'll say about it so that there isn't a never-ending argument. 

Anyhow, in the evening I went to the AMC at Downtown Disney to see a film I've heard a lot about since it first came out: Kingsman: The Secret Service. I know that many love it, but I didn't. In fact I pretty much hated it. It was trying WAY too hard to be “cool” and it proved just grating to me. Also, if you are a dog lover, maybe you should give it pause before seeing it; what a “cheap heat” thing to do with that subplot. Really, I am not sure why so many love it; then again I didn't much care for the director's earlier film Kick-Ass either so maybe I should have known better.

Tuesday, the only thing I did for St. Patrick's Day was go to Winter Garden Village, where I visited a few random places and purchased some random items. I did wear a green shirt, by the way. Wednesday I did not do a thing, until I experienced laptop issues. I use AVG Antivirus and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to safeguard myself and they almost are always effective but something nasty ended up on there so I had to do more and I used RKill (which stops the bad stuff from working so it's a lot easier to delete it) then Adwcleaner and using those along with my two usual programs helped get rid of everything, but it got to the point where I had to use some command line prompts, so yeah it was not a fun Wednesday night fixing everything.

Thursday, I went with my mom and friend (that friend returns to Illinois today) to Cracker Barrel, and that was a tasty meal. I had the Maine Blueberry Pancakes and I highly recommend those. Friday, I went to Wawa to get sandwiches for me and and those two aforementioned people; we all enjoyed that food. Then, late at night I returned to the Enzian, where I had a cold one at their outdoor Eden Bar before seeing a midnight showing of an Australian horror/comedy involving “zombies” (although it's more like the “zombies” in Planet Terror) called Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead. It was about average but it has many who love it more than I do. It has its moments and it is funny, but again it's a film trying way too hard to be cool, and in this case it tries too hard to be “a cult hit” when cult hits from the past just happened and it wasn't forced. At least the audience experience this time was better than my last two times there, but on the way back I encountered what had to be drunk drivers; more than once a car cut me off and I had to slam on my brakes. I was glad when I finally made it home.

Saturday, everyone decided to go to Chili's, so that's where we went. It was exactly what you'd expect at that restaurant, meaning it wasn't great but it wasn't awful either. The real highlight there: seeing someone at another table using a selfie stick! I have no opinion on those devices, besides acknowledging that they're wacky. As for my NCAA Tournament bracket, I never do well in them and this year it seemed especially bad. Did I ever get a lot wrong. Sunday, I relaxed and I am OK with that. When I return a week from today, I know that on the 29th I'll be watching Wrestlemania on the WWE Network and that will be a show I am expecting to actually be pretty bad, but I am curious as to how bad it is so I am going to check it out. I am definitely not a regular WWE watcher and I haven't been for YEARS but it is still sad (and I am basing this off of hearsay) how awful they apparently are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment