Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Tales of Chicken Fries, Football Road Trips & Dick's... Sporting Goods

Yeah, this wasn't the most exciting week for me. It happens. At least one evening I went to Burger King for dinner and I got some chicken fries, which recently returned and I don't love them like seemingly a lot of people do but they still taste fine.

Monday the 25th, someone I know wanted to eat at Uno Pizzeria and as the neither of us had been there in awhile I figured that'd be the place to go. It was busy there and there were too many screaming kids around for my tastes but at least the food tasted good... and I had no food poisoning issues like the one time I ate there then late in the night I suffered from the worst case of food poisoning I've ever had, and trust me you don't want to hear the details of why I can say with certainty I hadn't had food poisoning so bad!

Tuesday I did nothing but Wednesday I had to go out and about... simply to Walmart to pick up an item important for me. In my room the cable service was “on the fritz”, and I figured it had to be because the RG6 coaxial cable itself was at least 10 years old and it was failing. Turns out I was correct and in my room I really had to move some items around and bend into funny positions just to unhook the old RG6 and then there was hooking up the new RG6 up; but, I was able to do it and all my problems were solved. My time at Walmart was uneventful.

Thursday I stayed in but Friday, I decided to do something, albeit minor. I stopped at a Redbox to pick up a Blu-ray then I visited a Dick's Sporting Goods that opened recently in town. I walked around and I rarely make purchases there; however, on this day I decided to be sensible and figured that for the days where I do a lot of walking around I should wear some athletic socks, so I decided to spend the money to get some as my feet will thank me in the future.

The movie I got was The Lego Movie as most people love it. Well, I didn't. I could go on and on but I didn't care for the story, the characters or the humor. That's the super brief recap from me. At least the movie's animation was cool. I am fine if the movie worked for just about everyone else and it didn't work for me personally.

Saturday, that was the interesting day for me. It was the start of the college football season and I actually went to a game, albeit one that's decidedly more low profile than a battle involving the Florida Gators or the Florida State Seminoles. Last year I went to one between the small schools of Webber and Warner, the latter just having started their program. Well, I saw Warner again and for reasons unknown to me the program is already in turmoil so I figured they wouldn't do well against Stetson (another program that started playing football recently) and yet I still wanted to check it out. It was technically a home game for Warner but it wasn't in their home city of Lake Wales; instead it was in Lakeland at a very nice high school stadium; it was at a private religious school so no surprise to me they could build a fancy small stadium.

Before I went to the game I returned to PDQ; I really do rate that restaurant highly. I then drove to the stadium and thankfully the weather cooperated; some parts of Central Florida dealt with horrific weather but there wasn't a drop of rain at the game, let alone any lightning. While the game wasn't like a major game you'd see on TV it thankfully was entertaining and Stetson won 35-16. The crowd was around 1,200 people and I had little problems with idiots, at least personally. I felt bad for the Warner player who clearly to me broke his leg, but otherwise I can't say much bad about my time there... oh wait, I do have to mention how they played some Christian music before the game; it was “modern” so it was rock tunes and even rap, but it was still different from what I'm used to, hearing a Christian rap song.

Sunday I relaxed but Monday I actually did do something. I went and got pizza to eat from Pizza Hut. I know it's not the healthiest thing to eat... still, it tastes good! I will return on my usual day of Monday the 8th and as always I'll stumble into a few things to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment