Monday, August 25, 2014

Culver's, Sam's Club, Baseball & Wawa Sandwiches

Here's the recap of what I did in the past week. Monday the 18th, I went with someone to Sam's Club to pick up some items; after that a short journey was made over to Logan's Roadhouse, a restaurant I have eaten at a number of times before and both the trip to Sam's Club then the restaurant went fine and were nondescript. Sam's Club is an interesting place to go to and walk around once in a long while.

Tuesday afternoon, I finally went and saw The Expendables 3. No, not via leaked torrent download like several people I knew did. I saw it on the big screen. I know the first two movies are real polarizing but I think that they're both great. This third one, though, it's just awful. I won't go into details about it except that it was a bad story badly filmed; the action scenes are the opposite of exciting and even though I don't care for him personally Mel Gibson as the villain had the best character and the best performance. I had a feeling the third one would be disappointing (and not just for the usually true trope of the third movie in a series being pretty bad no matter the quality of the first two movies) but this was just bad and it makes me sad.

Wednesday, I had the time so I decided to return to Tropicana Field to see the Tampa Bay Rays play; this time it was against the Detroit Tigers. But before that I went to a restaurant from my past. A Midwest restaurant staple during the time I lived up there before I moved to Florida is Culver's, originally from Wisconsin and they make great food and treats. Recently they opened at a few locations in Florida but that was in the southwestern portion of the state before they finally came to the Tampa Bay area, and I had to go there as the last time before that was the last time I was in Illinois, which was 5 long years ago; it certainly does not seem that long but it was. I had a burger, fries and shake and I enjoyed all of them. After that I went to see some baseball.

Pretty much right after I saw live the Rays game where they lost vs. the St. Louis Cardinals they morphed from a pretty bad team to pretty good. I do take credit for that! They've cooled off as of late and well, they lost again; this time the Tigers beat them 6-0. A lot of the game wasn't exciting offensively but the pitching for both teams was quality... until it got pretty bad for the Rays and that's how you got the final score. Like the game vs. St. Louis, plenty of fans for the opposition were there to cheer on their team. Well, at least the stadium wasn't as empty as it unfortunately usually is... I sat in the upper deck and I wasn't sure why an old couple was sitting in my seat but due to their age I didn't press the issue and I just sat in a nearby seat instead. Hopefully history will repeat itself and after seeing that loss they'll be good for the rest of the season. Other than what I mentioned it was a rather uneventful day.

Thursday, the only thing I did was go somewhere to pick up dinner and that was at the local Wawa gas station. If you've never been to one, you can order sandwiches (and even tasty concoctions such as milkshakes to drink) from a touchpad and build it however you like. I got a turkey sandwich myself.

Friday I did nothing so I'll mention that Saturday I returned to Wawa for their sandwiches; this time I got one for myself and one for someone I know, who hadn't had food from there before... or even stepped foot inside a Wawa before. We both enjoyed our meals. I also had to get some printer ink from Staples so that's what I did; it cost an arm and a leg... like all printer ink does.

Sunday I did not do a thing (aside from drinking a large bottle of hard cider) so I'll end this here. It's not set in stone yet but I already have an idea what I'll be doing next weekend and that will provide some content for me to write about for the day after Labor Day; that's when I'll post next instead of doing it on a holiday. I'll have to stumble into some more adventures to not have it be a short post, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment