Monday, September 8, 2014

Rural King, Sky Water, The National Football League & Kickapoo Joy Juice

Here's what I've done since the last blog. Tuesday I didn't do a thing but Wednesday was different from the norm. I decided to make the drive up north to Leesburg, a city I mainly only pass through when I'm even in the area anymore. I first went to Lake Square Mall, the big mall for the area that I've been at a number of times throughout the years. Wow is it not doing well now. I know the company that owned it sold it earlier in the year... and that company already sold it to someone else just a few days ago, and I have a feeling the ultimate fate of the place is rather dark. I mean, they lost two of their three big anchor stores (JC Penny and Target) and it's an already small mall which has a lot of vacant spaces. Leave the memories alone! I did spent some time in a Books A Million but there are other ones in the area and besides, when I was there I had to deal with inattentive employees, awful parents who think it's alright to let their hellion children loose and have them run all over without any supervision at all, AND the type of white trash that gives white trash a bad name. That doesn't make me want to return to the Lake Square Mall anytime soon.

However, things went better when I went to the Rural King store, also in Leesburg. I heard about the place from someone I know and you can guess what they sell there based on the name. Aside from the rural items they sell, they also have some food & drink items (I did go and get some of that) along with clothing. If you wanted pro NRA T's or shirts with tractors on them, that's the place to go to. I just got a red Rural King shirt, as it was only a few bucks. At least my time at that massive store was uneventful, but driving through the town of Leesburg can be hectic due to traffic and some horrendous traffic, as was the case on this evening.

Thursday was dull so I'll just mention that on Friday I had to go to Walmart to pick up a few items. Yeah, some dumb people were there; I tried to ignore those oafs. I did see some other individuals... to use an old joke, it looked like a Duck Dynasty convention with those people.

Saturday I stayed in and did not do a thing except drink one of the sodas I got from the Rural King. It was known as Kickapoo Joy Juice; the explanation for the wacky name is that it's a reference to the long gone comic strip known as Li'l Abner. The main reason I know about it... both my parents have mentioned before that they read it when they were kids. The beverage itself... I thought it was only average at best.

Sunday, that was the start of the NFL season so I went to the familiar haunt of the Friendly Confines restaurant/bar in order to see the Chicago Bears game in full. They played against the Buffalo Bills and they should have won the game; they didn't. They usually did not play well and I was thankful I could watch the other games being played at the same time. Thankfully it was an uneventful time there; various times in the past I've gotten mad while I was there due to rude idiot crybaby drama queen “sports fans” and other things, but there were no problems like that on this day. I did do something different and I not only had lunch there, but before I left I ordered dinner to go and once I got home me and someone else ate it and we enjoyed the meals.

It was raining the entire time on the way home and to my non-surprise, I saw several wrecked cars on the highway. To borrow something from a friend, when there's “sky water” on the road Florida drivers are even more atrocious than usual.

Before I end this, I have to note... what a bad week for the NFL. Besides all the bad news and injuries and whatnot, someone I know saw all the games on the Red Zone Channel and complained about how horrible the games were and how badly the players played. What a terrible day today has been for them.

I'll return a week from today and nothing is on the agenda for the upcoming week; the Bears play on national TV so that makes things easy for me. I'll have to think of adventures to get myself involved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment