Monday, September 15, 2014

The November Man, Dubstep Truck Drivers & Deplorable Athletes

Unfortunately, this will be a rather dull blog. That's just how it turned out.

Here's a recap of what I've done in the past week. I don't even remember doing anything last Monday so it must not have been an interesting day. So, let me talk about Tuesday. I had free time so I returned to Lakeland and this time I went back to the fancy Cinemark theatre they have which I think is really nice and all the screens are rather large. I went and saw The November Man, which did get mixed reviews but I happened to enjoy it. While it's not a groundbreaking tale that does much different than expected, I was still entertained.

After that I went to a Denny's. It was nearby and the one that was in town closed last year so I rarely go to Denny's anymore. While there I had the Super Bird, which I've had a few times before as it's usually good and that was indeed the case here. As for th other people there, what a cross-section of Americana! I don't have anything negative to say about them... except for the guy who was real angry about his meal and it took a few minutes of talking to the manager before he left; although, maybe he actually did have a big issue with his food, I have no idea. They were just quite the mix and wait until you hear who it was there that had a loud ringtone on his phone and it was a dubstep song... why, the old grizzled bearded man who looked like a truck driver! I couldn't believe it.

Wednesday the only thing I did was go to Winter Garden Village. I walked around that outdoor mall for awhile and went inside a few places. Thursday and Friday I didn't do a thing. I was fine with not doing anything on 9/11. I was not fine with seeing someone I know seemingly make light of the day and wasn't even successful in his attempts at humor. Sigh... to talk about something else depressing, during this week there were so many reminders of how there are many terrible athletes out there. I am not painting everyone with that brush; after all I've known and still know plenty of athletes, whether in high school or somewhere else. There just seem to be many awful people in sports, including the people that run the National Football League. They've done a lot in the past few years to turn me off, but this past week may be the breaking point. Sure, I'll go to sports bars and whatnot, but being a big fan and enjoying the action, I don't know if I'll ever have that passion ever again.

Saturday, what I did was return to Winter Garden Village, and to show you how hip and happening my life is now, my big thing for the weekend was... go to Target, eat at the Pizza Hut Express they have there, then I purchased a few items; no, I didn't pay with a credit card. I mentioned a cross-section of Americana, this was a bad version of that. I won't rant and rave about all those people but I saw plenty of terrible individuals, and yeah... at least the dinner I had was good.

Sunday, the Chicago Bears played at night so I did not go out. What an awful past seven days for the NFL and that includes there being many bad games during the day and this had to be the worst. Both teams just played atrociously but the worst aspect is how the referees reffed the game. I am not one who constantly whines about sports officials; I am not the typical sports fan and I am thankful for that. So, when I bring it up, it must be for a good reason and indeed, it was so bad I couldn't even stand watching the entire game so I bailed before halftime; it is hard to believe I did such a thing but it's true. The thing is... the Bears won! That is a huge shock to me as I never thought they could beat the 49'ers. I guess I'll have to thank the refs for the result but wow am I ever down on the NFL.

Sorry for a blog that ended on a downer. When I return a week from today I'll hope to be in a happier mood; I only have a faint idea about what I'll be doing in that week, but I'll cross my fingers for a cheerier-and more interesting-blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment