Monday, June 2, 2014

The Blog Where I'm Wasting Away Again In Margaritaville

This is unfortunately going to be a rather short recap (maybe the shortest blog I've done in a few years) as I did not do much at all in the past week. It happens once in a long while...

I already mentioned in the last blog I did what my activities were for Memorial Day; they were going out for fast food and that was really it. Tuesday, I went out to Publix to pick up a special order for a family member who was out of town at the moment. Of course, they had the item in “for awhile” before finally calling on that day. Now, I always complain about Florida traffic, but even in person I have to deal with more rude ignorant people than I'd prefer... and I don't always note those experiences in these blogs.

Aside from the Publix thing (the employees were at least fine when I was there in person picking up that item), I went to Wawa for dinner to pick up a sandwich and I had to deal with stupid and rude people there, including employees. Sigh. Heck, even the city I live in (Clermont) has gotten stupid; suddenly, this year for no reason at all they decided to have garbage picked up on all Mondays, including Memorial and Labor Day, and as far as I know they never informed anyone of this in a clear manner, whether it be via letter or any other methods. Thus, many people in the neighborhood just assumed that as always, they'd be coming around on Tuesday due to the holiday. Nope. Thus, most people-at least in my large neighborhood-did not get their garbage picked up this past week. Typical Clermont, I say.

Wednesday and Thursday I did nothing at all. That was fine by me as I was planning on doing something for Friday; I didn't have anything planned in stone for Friday and that was good as it was pouring rain for awhile and I was glad I wasn't out at the time. It wasn't my original idea but it happened to work out to where I was able to return to Universal Studios and CityWalk; after this day it may be months before I return there (to see things after they're done with all the construction)... at least this time I was able to return to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville. I've eaten there a few times and I think their cheeseburgers are great; of course they are known as a Cheeseburger in Paradise. I had a burger and fries (my almost always meal) and a fruity tropical drink that was good. I was happy to eat there again.

Saturday and Sunday I did not do a darn thing. That is OK. In this past week, while I did not really watch any UFC at all, I did start playing Mass Effect 3. I haven't spent a lot of time on one particular game in what seems like months, so I figured I should finally start playing that, even with what many gamers say is a disappointing ending. Movie-wise I've seen some real old movies from the 30's and 40's; The Thin Man and The Best Years of Our Lives were the highlights.

When I return next Monday, I should have a more eventful week to talk about. I'll just be doing more instead of being what seems like a hermit.

No comments:

Post a Comment