Monday, June 23, 2014

Cold in July, Pizza-Flavored Beer & The Pee Terminator

Here's a recap of what I've done this past week. I did nothing on Monday the 16rd. The week before was rainy (which was alright with me) and this day was also rainy. At least the weather was better on Tuesday (albeit pretty hot) so I made my return to Walt Disney World and the Magic Kingdom. The main reason was to experience the Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride again, this time during daytime instead of at night like my first time on the ride. The main thing I did while I was there was walk around and get exercise (always something I could stand to do), have dinner at the park at one of their quick service areas, and yes I did go on the ride during the day and there were some nice views of the park while you're going around on the rollercoaster.

Wednesday was dull, but Thursday was more interesting, for sure. On Friday, some guests were at the house for the night. I don't know how much they want me to say about them here so I'll just say it was a young family of parents with two young children who are down here on vacation from Illinois and stayed here for the night before going to another destination for a few days. I figured the parents may have some alcohol to consume while on vacation so while I had some already, I figured getting more of a variety wouldn't hurt, so after dinner I first walked around the Mall at Millenia for a bit, for some exercise. Then, I went to the nearby Total Wine & More store. I've been to the one in east Orlando a few times but not this location. I spent some time there and wow what an odd experience it was.

First off, I found a rather odd beer from Wisconsin. It was Mamma Mia Pizza Beer. Yes, beer that tastes like pizza. It was so bizarre I couldn't help but get it. I had it the next night and well, it wasn't terrible... I was able to finish it without pouring it down the drain, so there's that. It actually sort of does have a pizza flavor. Then, two of my fellow customers-who I had seen walking around for a bit-suddenly were right by me and what weird people they were. Out of nowhere, the guy starts humping the air! Yes, it was pelvic thrusts but without the arm motions. He didn't do it AT me but I was still uncomfortable with how close he was to me while doing such a strange thing. A minute later a Billy Joel song came on in the store and I heard the immortal phrase, “Billy Joel is up in this bitch!” Were those people drinking BEFORE they got to the store? I do not know. They then started babbling on at me about certain beers and I tried to play it cool but I was thankful when they finally left me alone. Anyhow, I did get a good amount of booze.

Friday, that's when the guests showed up for the night. Again, I don't know how much they want me to say; I'll just mention that it was nice to see them all (including the kids, who I had never seen in person before) and everyone had a good time with the dinner that was made at home then hanging around and relaxing afterwards. Alcohol was consumed and what I picked out was appreciated, which was a relief. Sure, there's now quite a bit of beer around the house... I guess I'll have to drink it then!

Saturday night, I had free time so I decided to head to Maitland to the area's local arthouse/independent cinema, known as The Enzian, where there's only one screen but you get to sit in comfy seats and you can eat fancy food and drink alcohol while watching a film. I've been there a decent number of times over the year but it's been too long since my last time there. I sat outside at their open-air bar and had a beverage before heading on in to see the film Cold in July, a film noir sort of thing set in Texas, 1980's (yeah, comparisons to Blood Simple have been made and it's appropriate) starring Michael C. Hall, Sam Shepard, and Don Johnson. The movie's great, so it's unfortunate what happened at the screening...

Sad to say, even at arthouse joints like that, horrible people can show up and be incredible rude and loathsome. There has been an occasion or two where someone in the crowd at the Enzian was not being that nice but nothing compared to the hell of dealing with that crowd. From the lady behind me constantly complaining about her seat and other things, to some guy on my 5 o'clock who I had to stare at more than once or twice-I don't think he ever saw me stare, though-as he loved exercising his vocal chords... from the old woman on my left who liked yapping despite her husband's pleas to shut up and of course she was so stupid she thought it was OK to shout at the screen for a character to do a certain action (this isn't a slasher movie, for crying out loud!) to a quite frankly bizarre-looking dude who sat right by me right as the movie was about to start; I have no idea what his mental issues were but he had to have some. He made bizarre noises and I don't know if he was speaking gibberish, talking to himself, or what, but with all of that, I was REALLY unhappy I had to deal with that rubbish; for a few years now I had little problems with that sort of thing (after dealing with some issues before that) but this year there's been other occasions where this BS has happened and it's really disheartening.

But anyhow, at least I got to see a quality film while eating dinner and while driving home I got quite the lightshow as there was a lot of lightning in the sky flashing about. Sunday, I didn't do anything which was fine with me. Instead, I'll mention a commercial I saw a few days ago which made me laugh. It's for some sort of wacky product where you place a pad down and via pheromones a pet is guaranteed to urinate on it. That is funny enough but they also offer in the deal a product that cleans up pets' messes and it's known as the Pee Terminator, which is a hilarious name.

For my next blog (which I'll post a week from today) I do not know what I'll be talking about, as there's really nothing on the agenda yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment