Monday, June 30, 2014

Pina Coladas, Limited Edition Sodas, Brick Houses & Cracker Barrels

I had one crappy Saturday night; I'll get to that later. At least the rest of the week wasn't so horrid.

Last Monday, after dinner at home I had free time so I went to a familiar place, that being Winter Garden Village. I went to the Gamestop & Barnes & Noble to browse about then I went to Planet Smoothie and I had one of their Pina Colada drinks as it's a limited edition thing. It's not my favorite flavor but I still wanted to try it out. As I got it I did think of “that song”, a kitschy classic from the late 70's. Guess which song I heard as I got into the vehicle to drive home? Yes. It was literally the song playing as I turned it on and got ready to leave there. I laughed at that bit of cosmic fate.

Tuesday nothing happened so let me mention two quick things: the first is that the iPod Touch I've had for a few years is having battery issues and it really doesn't hold a charge anymore. I know I could get the battery replaced but as it's old I might as well get a new model and experience such things as iOS7. I just don't know when that purchase will be. I do know of the deal where you can turn in your old iPod Touch for store credit. I did not want to spend the cash now but if I have to... the second thing is that while I was driving I spotted a BMW on the road, and he lived up (or down) to the stereotypes out there of BMW drivers. But, besides it being a 3 series wagon (Americans don't like wagons or hatchbacks in general, which I think is unfortunate), its license plates showed it was from... Alaska! What a long drive. It's not the first time I've seen that license plate down in the continental United States; I've actually seen it in Florida before, and more than once I've spotted a Hawaii plate besides the times I saw them when I was lucky enough to be in Hawaii back in 2000.

Wednesday, I went to Walmart in the hopes they would have the limited edition Pepsi drinks I saw advertised in a commercial. It was regular Pepsi, Wild Cherry Pepsi and Pepsi Vanilla, all made with real sugar. For some reason drinks like that aren't always easy to find down here. Thankfully, I found all of them at Walmart... and more. There were 16 ounce cans of Sprite in English and Spanish of the regular flavor, cherry and tropical, which was pretty good.

Thursday, me and someone I know went to Cracker Barrel. That place was decided upon as a few days prior, that person saw an ad for something new that was being offered by the restaurant. That meal... they thought it was alright but we hadn't been there in a long while so it was nice for something different. My almost always of a burger and fries were good, at least.

Friday I did not do a darn thing so let me get to Saturday, and things were normal... until the evening. I could do anything I want. I decided that after what may be a few years I should return to the kitschy place in Kissimmee known as Old Town. The last time I tried going there, the parking lot situation there was so messed up due to their stupidity I did not actually stop and walk around there. I figured that by now the situation had changed so out of the kindness of my heart I decided to give them one more chance. Things changed... for the worse. It was even more of a headache to try and find a spot to park so I mentally said to myself that they could F off and now I don't know if I'll ever be there if they do stupid crap like that and treat their customers horribly. I then decided to drive to Downtown Disney, as it was close by and while I didn't want to go back there until the construction that's all over the area was closer to being finished, with the circumstances... well, I drove there and close by the area, the entire road was blocked off to work on a bridge (really, on a Saturday at 6 PM) and there was no signs telling people how to get there via detour (I knew how, but it would really be out of the way) and I really got rankled and I decided to drive on the horrid Interstate I-4 until I got to the horrid International Drive and I finally got to a place I could have dinner at.

I hadn't been to Brick House Tavern + Tap in months so that seemed like a good place to revisit. At least my time there went fine and I had no headaches or issues with traffic-I dealt with that on the way there and the way back. I had the chicken and waffles; they were good. I also had an alcoholic beverage or two, as I needed one. I'll try to return there sooner than “who knows how many months”.

Yesterday, I did not do anything of note at all. I was fine with that. I was dead tired and Saturday then this night I literally experienced a pain in my neck. I can't explain it. Today I already did the only thing I have on the agenda, which was return to the dentist. I wish I didn't have to go, but at least I got to experience some nitrous oxide. 

I'll return a week from today and I do know if some things I'll be doing and talking about. Will I do anything for the 4th of July? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment