Monday, June 9, 2014

Supertramp, The Iceman, Bumbleberry Honey Blueberry Ale & Dubstep Hunting Shows

Here's what I've done in the past week. Monday the 2nd, after I had dinner at home I decided to go out and about. I went to a MovieStop store to look at the new and used DVD's and Blu-Rays they have, due to them usually having some pretty obscure stuff you can't find at a Walmart or Best Buy or Target. It was a different location than the ones I usually go to. They did not have what I exactly wanted but that is OK. I still got some miscellaneous items; I then drove on over to The Loop outdoor shopping plaza and I went to their Books-A-Million Store. I once again purchased some miscellaneous items there. I then returned home.

Tuesday I did not do anything, although in the evening I had to assist a parent in locating a television station. It was one of those outdoors station (long story) and I did so. It happened to be right at the 10PM hour so as the latest show began I discovered that the hunting show's theme song... a DUBSTEP song. Do hunters really listen to dubstep? I can't imagine that to be the case.

Wednesday I did not do a darn thing, but Thursday, that was an interesting day for me. I was able to go to the Buffalo Wild Wings for a beverage and dinner. I had the boneless wings, as typical. I could have done without the dudebros who were there, but I tried to ignore them the best I can. I then went over to a place I hadn't been for months: the World of Beer. Some other dudebros were there but again, I tried to ignore them. I had two beverages there: the Fat Head's Bumbleberry Honey Blueberry Ale and Sonoma Cider The Anvil, which I did not know until I got it was bourbon-flavored. Wacky, but it actually was good. I do know it won't be until 5 months before I return to a World of Beer.

By the way, how embarrassing for the first game of the NBA Finals to have something like the air conditioning in the building go out; simply embarrassing. Not that I really watch the league anymore and I didn't really see any of the game; it's just embarrassing.

Friday, I once again didn't do anything but Saturday, that was definitely an interesting day. I had free time so I went to some places I hadn't gone to in awhile. I was running out of alcohol of my own so I returned to Total Wine & More. I don't think I've been there in about 6 month's time. I purchased more than expected but that is OK. I then went to the Friendly Confines for dinner. I may not make it out that way again until the NFL starts up again in a few months. My meal was fine, although a rather strange thing happened. I was sitting by a random middle-aged woman who had on a tie-dyed shirt. The jukebox was on and someone picked the Supertramp song Take The Long Way Home. I was fine with that as hey, it's Supertramp. Suddenly, out of nowhere, she whips out a harmonica and starts playing along to the song! I was quite surprised. I made it home in time to see the big horse race. Also, once I got home I consumed a bottle of something made by the Angry Orchard people... you know, they make all sorts of hard cider. This was pricey but I had a large bottle of something that was 10% alcohol. At least it was quite good. It was a limited edition batch known as The Iceman; no, a picture of Val Kilmer was not on the bottle.

It should be no surprise that on this weekend I dealt with horrendous traffic, people driving way too fast, people being rude, etc.I mean, I also had to deal with it on Sunday, when I went to Walmart to pick up a few items. I also saw some people in Walmart who looked like they were at a Duck Dynasty convention, to steal a joke. On the way there I was on a major US highway when I saw quite the sight: the immediate aftermath of some dumb redneck in a pickup truck who did not properly secure all the furniture he was hauling in his small pickup truck, that being most of it spilled out onto the road. Thank goodness no one was close behind him, or else it could have been a real tragedy. 

But the strangest thing was already another “this could only happen to me” moment, only 24 hours after the last one. It happened in the large neighborhood I live in. I was driving to Walmart and I passed by a pair of young ladies walking on the sidewalk. I don't think I had ever seen them before. I happened to look in my rearview mirror and saw that one of the girls did A PELVIC THRUST, arm motions and all! I swear this is true. Was it done after she saw me drive by? I can only presume such a thing... but I am pretty sure both girls are under 18 so that's a giant NOPE overall, for obvious reasons.

I don't know if I'll have quite a wacky blog when I'll return next week... at least I do know of some activities I'll be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment