Monday, September 2, 2013

Urban Outfitters, Fritz The Cat, & Returning To The World Of Beer

Yep I am posting this on Labor Day. I definitely am not going to do any sort of labor today. Hopefully everyone has a nice holiday today.

Last Monday, I actually did something. I went with someone I know to Denny's. The one that was only a few miles from me closed down earlier in the summer so we went to another one instead. Oh boy... the service there was less than stellar and some of my fellow patrons were simply idiotic A-holes. So yeah, something that I sometimes think is “typical Florida”. At least I can admit that the music they played in the restaurant was pretty bitchin'. Not just because it was mainly older songs, but they were good older songs that I like. I made my own Grand Slam Breakfast (for dinner) so the day wasn't all bad, even if I was even more annoyed by stupid people than I usually am. Speaking of stupid annoying people, Miley Cyrus... cripes almighty, I can't think of a better poster child for the message of “kids, don't do drugs!” I got a lot of amusement of people ripping her apart for that horrible performance on that MTV awards show.

Tuesday I did not do anything so let's go to Wednesday. I did something out of the ordinary. I went to a restaurant during a weekday afternoon to have a late lunch and I had something at home for a later than usual dinner. I realized recently that I hadn't been to the Hooters-esque restaurant known as Twin Peaks since mid June. I figured I should rectify that, so I did. I had my almost always of a burger and fries and that was good; so was the Redd's Apple Ale I had. It's a beverage I've had before but this was the first time I had it on draft. It wasn't too crowded there, which was fine with me. After that I was going to stop at the usual spot in Dr. Phillips to get some Pinkberry; I got there and that place is no more; it was replaced by a place known as Yogurtology, but it wasn't open yet so I was SOL when it came to eating yogurt. I instead went to Barnes & Noble for a bit before walking on over to Planet Smoothie for a beverage, which was a good idea.

Thursday and Friday I was dullsville. That was fine with me; it was rainy weather on Friday so that made me glad I stayed in. I did watch something for the first time in a few years... the X-rated (but really it's R-rated in terms of content) cartoon from the 70's known as Fritz the Cat. It's wacky but entertaining.

The weekend, that's where things got interesting. Saturday I went somewhere early in the afternoon and I ended up staying in to watch the UFC pay per view. I imagine it'd be a madhouse wherever I went to for the purpose of watching the UFC prelims then the pay per view; that and me being dead tired by that time made me glad I stayed in. I won't get into why I went somewhere early in the afternoon but I did. I had a quick bite to eat at Jimmy John's before making it to World of Beer, a joint I haven't been to since the spring. What they had on TV wasn't completely college football centered (despite it being the start of major college football) I wasn't upset by it; I've been turned off by major college sports for a variety of reasons (as I've mentioned before) over the past few years so I am not going to pay too much attention to it. Not major college sports... a different thing as it doesn't seem so corrupt and dirty. I had hard cider as they played a variety of music, from Ween to Nicki Minaj (blah to the latter), and me hearing tunes from Phoenix and Death Cab for Cutie for the first time, no kidding. I consumed some hard cider and that was good times overall. I recommend the Swedish beverage known as Kopparberg Strawberry & Lime cider.

In the evening I watched the UFC show and it was pretty good overall. However, it had a prelim fight shown on the Facebook/YouTube stream between two heavyweights named Nikita Krylov and Soa Palelei... and it was horrible! Those two guys had horrible cardio so as the fight went on they became more tired and they could barely move, let alone fight. It was so bad it was hilarious. It may have been the worst UFC fight in the past few years.

Sunday, I went to the ritzy Mall of Millenia in Orlando. I walked around for a bit and went in a few stores but did not buy anything, expect for a smoothie from the area in Bloomingdales known as Forty Carrots. It was good! Note that I did not go in and I've never gone in the fanciest stores there, such as Rolex, Louis Vuitton, Cartier or Chanel. At least I did get some exercise. For the first time I went in the store known as Urban Outfitters; I never did before because it's a hipster store and hipsters usually aren't my thing. I went in and wow was it hipster douche central, from the way people were dressed (customers and staff) to what they were offering... I definitely did not buy anything there. Anyhow, in the parking lot by the valet service for Neiman Marcus, there were some vehicles belonging to the richest people of the area, that being a yellow Lamborghini, a red Ferrari, and a black Audi R8. Must be nice to be able to drive those.

Next Monday in the blog I'll post then, I am thinking of doing at least one thing that will be unique and will provide me a decent amount of material to write about, so that's good and it should be fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment