Monday, September 16, 2013

Greek Yogurt, Going Into The Further, & I Actually Watch Boxing

Yes, I did see Insidious and Insidious Chapter 2 on Thursday night, which is why I brought up The Further.

This past Monday, I did not do anything of note. So I'll mention something from my attending the Webber vs. Warner football game that I should have brought up last time. Near the end of the first half, some of the lights went out suddenly; yes, like what happened in the Super Bowl this past February. They came back on in a quicker fashion then they did at the Super Bowl. Tuesday, I had free time in the evening so I returned to my favorite open-air mall (Winter Garden Village) and I did some things, including pick up some items at World Market (there is such a thing as Pumpkin Bark, and it's great) and I had to try one of the two new flavors at Planet Smoothie. I had a berry drink made with Greek yogurt; I know some will consider it blasphemy but I don't think Greek yogurt is really all that good. Even in smoothie form I feel the same way.

Wednesday (9/11) I went out with someone for dinner. I decided on Chili's. Our time was fine there... aside from some cretins who were there that were celebrating a birthday and some decided to be LOUD and loathsome. I was so happy when they left as I was eating my boneless buffalo wings. They weren't the only oafs there but I'll change the subject as I don't want to continue to bitch and moan about the negatives on that day; the food was good and that was the most important thing. Thursday, that was an interesting day for me. I saw three movies, including a movie from a few years ago and its sequel. Let me explain.

Thursday afternoon I went to the AMC Theatres right by the Altamonte Mall as it fit my schedule in what I wanted to do, which was see a horror movie in the late afternoon then watch a double-bill of the first Insidious and its new sequel. It was You're Next, Indisious and Insidious Chapter 2. I had no idea what to expect from You're Next, despite it sounding like something right up my alley. Turns out, it WAS something right up my alley. I really did enjoy it and it was a pleasant surprise. All I'll say is that the movie is not quite what's implied in the ads and trailers. I'll leave it at that. After that I ate at the Chick-Fil-A at the Altamonte Mall and I walked around before I returned to the AMC to see the double feature.

I did get some free crap for the double feature, that being a lanyard and a poster. If only the crowd I saw the movies with would have not been such dumbs*ts. It was the usual idiocy and during the first movie (which I had seen before) I had to step out to ask an usher to come in to get the plonkers to not be so rude. That was disappointing. But, it was nice to see both on the big screen and both times go into the movie's wacky universe known as The Further. Those two movies are uneven, sure, but they are both entertaining and I will say that the sequel is different and better than the first one. I am glad that there have been some quality horror films that have come out this year on the big screen.

Friday I laid low and relaxed so nothing to report there. Saturday, I did something I never thought I would do: I watched boxing! Yes, it was the big fight with the legit awful human being known as Floyd Mayweather vs. a guy proclaimed as a Mexican superstar. I've talked about boxing before and I am not a fan; besides it being so dirty and corrupt, it seems like all fighters constantly hug... er, I mean “clinch” with each other which I understand is illegal to the point that each time it happens it's supposed to be a point deduction, but it never happens, so of course it happens all the damn time and it's just lame and cowardly and I detest it. Anyhow, I purchased the PPV... or at least that's what I'll claim here. What I saw on this night with the fights I watched or at least halfway watched... a lot of hugging! It's just not for me, obviously. Floyd coming out in the main event accompanied by Lil Wayne and Justin Bieber... LOL; clown show, I say, and having to hear Wayne “rap” was something I could have done without. But, if he was further cementing his standing as a gigantic heel and troll, then he was a success by choosing those two guys.

I do have to mention that I got a spam e-mail from someone who said that they were “Mr. Leung Wing Lok”, a name that made me laugh. Sunday was not the usual thing for me on a Sunday during the fall. I just did not get a good night's sleep and I woke up real early and did not feel well. I decided to just sleep in as long as I could and worry about things later. I got up and I decided the big trip I'd do was go to watch the NFL Red Zone Channel (where highlights of all the games are shown live) with a parent. I was able to see highlights of the Chicago Bears against the Minnesota Vikings. Turns out, it was another back and forth close game that Chicago only won in the final minute.

I am not pissed I missed such a thing; besides not missing the drive there and back where I always deal with at least one moron on the highway, when I'm at the actual sports bar/restaurant there's always loudmouth overdramatic sports fans there; I try to ignore them but at times I do get tired of their childish actions, you know. Also, during the game, it was on FOX and not to my surprise they had broadcast issues, so for parts of the game no one was able to see it except those in the stadium. That really made me feel glad I did not drive all that way and not be able to see the entire battle. Instead, I was able to see the highlights out of all the games (even at a sports bar where they show all the games it's tough to look at everything if there's several close games nearing the end and the TV's may be far apart away from each other, you know) and there were several close games, including the Bears contest. Overall, Sunday was fine.

In the next blog I'll post-a week from today-I have an idea or two as to what I'll be doing. That will provide me with enough entertainment to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment