Monday, September 30, 2013

The Blog Where I Use The Words Quiescent And Clinquant

I am not trying to be a D-bag by using super fancy words. I found a post online which listed a bunch of obscure words and their meanings and even I hadn't heard most of them. Quiescent means “not active”, which wasn't quite the definition mentioned in the post. Clinquant means glittering like tinsel, which at least was correct in the post.

Unfortunately, a few days in the past week I was feeling ill, so I laid low and did not do much of anything. At least yesterday provided me some material to write. But yeah, I am now becoming old and sensible; how about that? Sometimes I feel like I am 72 instead of 32 (and I do have some grey hairs) and some may say that I usually act like an old man.

Last Monday I was thinking of going somewhere but it rained for a good number of hours so I instead decided to stay home and relax. Better than dealing with wet roads AND stupid Florida drivers trying to navigate wet roads, which should be easy but for many Floridians it's not. Tuesday, I went to my usual hangout, Winter Garden Village. I got a mainly strawberry smoothie from Planet Smoothie as it's a limited edition flavor; it was also made with Greek yogurt but despite not being too big a fan of that, it tasted fine enough for me. I also went in a Best Buy for a bit to see what was available. While I did not buy anything, I did notice a young child crying and alone. I walked away then I realized, “Oh boy, that kid must have lost his parents”, but when I tried to find him he vanished; I'll just presume it did not take him long to find mommy and daddy.

Wednesday and Thursday I did not feel good at all. I won't provide any details except that I was happy to stay in and replay the first Mass Effect game on the Xbox 360. I was happy to do that while seemingly everyone else is playing Grand Theft Auto V; I have no problem with that game as I've played III, Vice City, and San Andreas back in my PS2 days. It's just that I can wait a few years to play it.

Friday, the only thing I did was go to Walmart to pick up a few items. It was the usual there but there was nothing incredible I saw there, like some people who looked amazing with their appearance or some middle-aged woman purchasing 631 dollars worth of mostly random low-price crap. Saturday, it was yet another lay low day, except that I went to Burger King to try out their new Buffalo Chicken Strips. It was exactly what you'd expect. The service there did not live up to the term “fast food” but due to past experiences this wasn't too much of a surprise.

Sunday-yesterday-was the day of action. In the evening I had to pick up a parent at the small airport in St. Petersburg (not the big one in Tampa) and I volunteered to do it. I made a day out of it. I stopped to have lunch at a Hooters in Lakeland (but just for the food... or so I say) and also watch the Chicago Bears game against the Detroit Lions. Much to my surprise the Bears played like crap so between that and having to crane my neck to even see that TV (due to being lied to by someone there), I decided to only watch the first half of the contest. Chicago lost 40-32 but it wasn't as close as the score would suggest. I left there sooner than expected and I stopped to get gas; I drove until the gas tank was empty but I made it to the random Shell station fine. I then went to a big mall in the town of Brandon, a place I've been a decent number of times before. The only interesting part of my time there is going into a local gaming store known as RU Game? They sell any and all games; they even have old Japanese PS1 and bizarre cartridge games from Japan for gaming systems I don't even know. It was all strange and bizarre and just judging from that, Japan enjoys playing videogames based on baseball and horse racing.

After walking around there I went on the toll road through Tampa rather than I-4 and I-275; it was less crowded and I was happy with that as at times on Sunday, I swore that I was driving in South Florida. I saw people weaving dangerously in and out of traffic at high speed, and a minivan driving at least 100 miles per hour! I then ate at a new joint I just heard about on Facebook a few days ago. It's a Southern chain known as PDQ and it's chicken-based. They don't have one in Orlando yet and that is unfortunate as they have really good food. I enjoyed the chicken tenders and fries and I also approved of their milkshakes; I had their limited edition Cocoa Krispies flavor and I highly approved of that. I then killed time at Hulk Hogan's bar/restaurant-where I saw how the late football games ended-before finally making it to the airport and driving home. I almost ran over a bunny on a rural road but otherwise that was uneventful.

When I return a week from today for the customary blog, I have no idea what I'll be writing about yet. Sure, I plan on finally returning to the Friendly Confines to watch the Bears play the New Orleans Saints, but otherwise nothing is on the docket quite yet for the first week of October. I am just happy that while I was damn tired yesterday, I feel fine today and I am long past the short illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment