Monday, July 1, 2013

Sprecher's Sodas, Fruity Smoothies, & The Lava Lounge

Yeah, I can't believe the year is half-over already. It wasn't quite what I was expecting it to be, but that is alright with me. At least the only real low was the whole toothache thing that led to a root canal but that could have been worse, for sure; and, there's been some highs that I've enjoyed. Anyhow, this past Monday I did not do anything of note so let me skip ahead to Tuesday. I ended up having free time so I decided to return to Winter Park as it may be awhile before I swing back in that area, so why not eat again at BurgerFi and then get more sodas at Rocket Fizz?

This time I got a burger and fries and a concrete custard shake, and all were tasty; the latter was chocolate-based, so yeah I dug that. I won't list what I got at Rocket Fizz, but it was a smaller haul than the first time I was there. I got a can of Popeye energy drink, which seems like an appropriate tie-in; the flavor wasn't spinach but rather “Bruiser Blackberry”. I also got some more flavors of Sprecher's Soda. I now have a decent number of those. I first heard of it a few years ago when the person who repainted the house was also from the midwest and he mentioned how he dug Sprecher's Root Beer so when my dad was up in Wisconsin he got some of that, as that's where they are based, in a Milwaukee suburb. They also make beer but all their sodas contain “raw Wisconsin honey”, which sounded grand to me, and it turns out, it is grand. I got their strawberry soda from their cold fridge and it was excellent. The next day I had their cherry cola (c-o-l-a, cola) and it was also excellent. I give my highest recommendations to those chaps.

Wednesday was nothing-happening so let me skip ahead to Thursday, where I went somewhere with someone for dinner and it wasn't until the night before that we decided to go there. I found out via Twitter that there's a new addition to the Rainforest Cafe (which I like but the food is on the pricey side) known as the Lava Lounge, which isn't a 70's themed place but rather an open air place with a roof where there are some TV's, a small bar, and several tables. It was nice but the highlight is that right by the restaurant is a volcano that “erupts” with smoke and fire, which is cheesy but cool. The food is the same as the restaurant with some extra items. I had the “almost always” of a burger and fries but it was good, but man the price is pricey. One of these days I'll return to sample at least one of their alcoholic beverages.

As I don't have much else to say concerning the rest of the week, I figure I shoud mention some of the wacky spam e-mail I've received in recent months... or rather, the titles of those spam e-mails. These don't even include the really lewd ones.

Scare people with your tool today

Be the pied piper of chicks

Jay Leno found taking drugs

You will love the results on your organ

Violent lovemaking video

Saturday, I did go out in the evening but it wasn't a loud wacky event. Instead I just went to the nearby open-air mall and I went to Barnes & Noble for a bit then I walked on over to Planet Smoothie as they have some new limited edition flavors and I got The Islander, which is strawberries, raspberries, pineapple, and orange sherbet. It was good. I also illegally streamed an MMA pay per view; I know, I know... and in this case it was a pay per view from a no-name company who was having their first show with a lineup that is at best appropriate for an Internet pay per view instead of an actual pay per view. The show was as bad as I expected and those jamokes won't be having another show, I am almost positive of that fact. At least it was fun to laugh at...

Sunday, I did not do a damn thing, so let me bid everyone adieu and I'll be back a week from today. I know that tonight I'll be going to Golden Corral with some people (the restaurant wasn't my choice) and on Saturday will be an actual MMA pay per view from the UFC that I'll be seeing. I have no idea if I'll be doing anything on the 4th, but in any case I hope to have a halfway decent blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment