Monday, July 29, 2013

Being Chased By Ghost As If I Was Pac-Man

I know, a poetic title but there's reasons for it; I did go to a pinball/arcade convention this past weekend and more than once I was reminded of old enemies from the past who I haven't even really cared about for months. I'll note that this is a pretty lengthy blog, so you've been warned.

Here's what I've done in the past week. Monday was dull so I'll mention something random. Whether it be seeing this outside the house I live in or in the mile or two mile radius of the house I live in, it is easy to see animals. There's all sorts of birds, frogs/toads, lizards, squirrels, I've seen a few rabbits... and yeah, snakes, some of them a few feet long in size. There's also insects, which I could do without. Earlier in the month right at the front entrance of the neighborhood I live in, I had to wait as a mama duck was walking, and behind it was about 5 or 6 baby ducklings. Even though I often complain about the people here, at least it is nice how it isn't too difficult for me to see nature from where I live.

Speaking of complaining about people, Tuesday... I went to Burger King. It was the one not in town but one that is by US Highway 192, as the one in town I believe is still closed due to renovation and there being construction on that part of state Highway 50. The other customers there were trashy but I ignored them the best I could as I had dinner. I then went to the nearby Walmart and what a sight I saw there. We all know the type of people that go there, and that stereotype was proven again. I saw a girl who couldn't have been more than 15 walking around wearing shorts so short that you saw part of her asscheeks! Not appropriate, and to be honest she looked trashy in general. I then saw her parents and well... “white trash” is the perfect term to use to describe them. Never change, Walmart!

Wednesday, totally boring, except for one odd moment. I have no explanation for it but out of nowhere I got a nosebleed, and I don't remember ever having one before. If this happens again then I'll start to get worried and have a “medical professional” look into it. For now, I won't worry about it, although it was strange. At least on this day I had something in common with a certain character from Pacific Rim...

Thursday, I went to the local grocery store to get some items. No wackiness to tell there, thankfully. So, onto Friday... for the second year in a row I went to an event called GameWarp, held in the International Palms Hotel on International Drive in Orlando (not one of my favorite roads, as it's always busy and full of tourists); it's an event where you pay one flat fee and you get to play a plethora of different arcade games and pinball tables, almost all of them old. I was there last July and I had a great time. This time I would go on two different days instead of just one.

Friday it was busier there than expected but at least I got to play a big variety of games. At the end I'll mention all the games there. Some people I know from elsewhere were there and I ended up having dinner with them at a Buffalo Wild Wings as it was only a few minute walk to the joint. A nice time overall it was.

Saturday, things were different. It was jam-packed during the afternoon. That was nice for GameWarp as it makes me more sure there will be future GameWarp weekends but it was a hassle trying to play anything. I went to whatever table was available at the moment, even if it wasn't one of my favorites. I went to dinner on my own, as I needed some time away from GameWarp. I hiked on over to Tilted Kilt, as I hadn't been to one in a long while. In hindsight I should have eaten somewhere closer. The food was good and so was the drink in a small Mason jar (it included Kraken Black spiced rum, Cointreau, pineapple juice, and some other things); the service, not so much. And it wasn't even that crowded there either.

When I got back it was less crowded there, so that was good. It would have been nice if some people would not have been Troglodytes and hogged certain tables. I did not get to play everything I wanted to, although at least I got to most. The people there were for the most part what you'd expect from someone that would attend such an event. I did not look so unusual in comparison! It's a stereotype but in this case it was true. I decided that I was pretty damn tired, was game'd out, and I did not see anyone around that I knew so I took one last look around before leaving. Then I saw...

Unfortunately I saw someone from my past; it was an enemy known as Jared David “Mister” Saint Laurent, a mentally ill individual who is involved with this state's local independent wrestling scene in a variety of ways, including sometimes wrestling in the ring, and not very well. He is a giant Muppet and yet he is a HORRIBLE human being as he's tried to ruin many lives (mine included) and he certainly has ruined this state's wrestling scene. I won't get into the whole deal with me and him as I could probably write something as long as a thesis explaining the whole history through the years. I just explained the basics for anyone who did not read what I wrote here or on my old wrestling Livejournal page.

Anyhow, I saw this individual following me! I ske-dadded out of there pretty quickly, as to be perfectly honest I did not feel comfortable having some mentally unstable person walking towards me, possibly causing who knows what or engaging in some sort of public confrontation. Thankfully he eventually stopped following.Th

In the past I also had issues with Jared David's followers (really, that's what they are), who I started calling The Toadies. They would be a big part of the thesis I'd write about me and Jared David. Just note that they are also awful human beings who are total douches and A-holes and they love trashing just about anyone in this state's wrestling scene... or any innocent person in general. To my amazement, late last week on Twitter one of them actually Tweeted me a few times and wanted me to go to a wrestling show on Saturday so that I could hang out with all of The Toadies, as one of them was celebrating their birthday.

LOL

If you knew the history, you'd realize how ridiculous the proposal is. I never responded back to that fellow. There is no reason at all for me to be pals with any of those tools. They only reason I would ever need to see any of them in person is to spit in their face one by one then leave; that's what they honestly deserve for the deplorable way they treated me AND many people I know throughout the years.

On a lighter note... while Saturday wasn't quite what I expected, GameWarp was still a lot of fun. Getting to play many old tables was a lot of fun and it was nice to see familiar faces, of course. If only I could have said my goodbyes to them. I could write quite a bit about all the games there but besides classic tables like The Twilight Zone and Tales of the Arabian Knights, there were also ones based on 90's properties, like Demolition Man, Independence Day, Starship Troopers, and Terminator 2... and amazingly, The Shadow! Yes, that Alec Baldwin movie. It was a good table, actually. There was also a made in the 90's table based on Dirty Harry, which was nice.

It wouldn't be fair to say which tables were “the best” or the ones I enjoyed the most, as I did not get to play all of them an equal amount. I may be alone but I thought that Earthshaker was a nice one (if only because I did well on it) and the late 80's Banzai Run, where the backglass as a vertical table of its own where if you land on a certain spot you can play it, and it's cool. There were brand new tables of both The Wizard of Oz and Metallica. I never played the wildly popular former; it looked nice as there was a video screen so it was fancy sh*t. The latter was more traditional and it was also popular but I was able to play it. It was really smooth and I managed to do relatively well. It has such things as an electric chair with someone in it and if you hit it enough you get a multiball. Wacky. It plays various songs from the band on random; I got Sad But True.

Billy Mitchell was there. Yes, the bad guy from the King of Kong documentary... or at least the movie made him look like the bad guy. Cynical Blair in 2013 now wonders how truthful everything in that documentary was. But I can say that he still has a great beard and a tremendous head of hair.

Sunday I was exhausted, and I must have pinballed too much, as my wrists and forearms were sore. Insert your own jokes if you want. So I'll bid everyone adieu now in this extra-long edition of one of my blogs. I'll be back next Monday, and the end of July/beginning of August won't be like what I experienced this past week. I know I'll do a few things worthy of discussion but they won't be like going to a gaming convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment