Monday, June 24, 2013

North West, Rocket Fizz & The Taste of BJ's... Restaurant

I don't think I need to tell you what I think of a child that is named “North West”, so let me move away from that and I'll tell you about the week I had. Monday I did return to Winter Garden Village, the outdoor mall and I stopped by a few stores. I got some items from both Best Buy and World Market. I got some gourmet soda (more on that topic later), too. Tuesday and Wednesday were boring, so let me talk about Thursday...

Thursday, I went to The Loop outdoor mall in Kissimmee, as I hadn't been there in awhile. The drive there and back was rainy, and as I've mentioned many times before, when there's “sky water” on the ground, the driver IQ becomes even lower than usual. That was as annoying as usual. I got there and I went into a Bealls department store and then a Books-A-Million, where I did pick up some items. After that I went to BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse, a place I've been to a few times before and the name always makes me giggle because I sometime still think like a 15 year old. Instead of having their great pizza I decided to have their boneless wings, just to try it out. It tasted fine but it was HOT so I'll stick with their great pizza. I also had their cider, which I almost always get when I am there, as it's tasty. It helped me to deal with the LOUD idiot at the bar who loudly blabbered on in a slow manner (as if I was wondering if there were things mentally wrong with him... I know, mean, but that's honestly what I wondered) and I was happy when he finally left. Sometime in the upcoming week I may return there with someone and that's when I'll have the pizza.

Friday wasn't too exciting, except that in the later afternoon I watched a terrible TV show on The Travel Channel and of course has little to do with travel, but me ranting about how all the cable channels now seem the same despite their name and what they're supposed to show... that'll have to come on a different day. It is called The Dead Files and it's about a retired cop and a woman who allegedly “sees dead people” and they both investigate spooky shit. I only watched it as the episode was filmed in my old hometown of Belvidere, Illinois. In short, what a load of crap the show is! It's obvious to see how certain things are misleading and how things are staged to make it look more supernatural than it actually is. The case was about hauntings that allegedly happened on an old farm and some children died there back in the old days (that isn't so unusual) and two people hung themselves. The lady proclaimed that the issue was... a child-like demon with no eyes was haunting the place! I became greatly amused by the time the show ended, as it was so stupid. But no I did not recognize anyone in the episode.

Saturday, that's where the action happened. In the afternoon someone I follow online mentioned an article about the best places for burgers and it mentioned a place called BurgerFi. I had never heard of it before but I saw there was a location in downtown Winter Park, a nice area I haven't really visited before. I decided to go there tonight before I went to good old Ghost Bar & Lounge. They are similar to the great Shake Shack and aren't as great but still is good overall. I enjoyed their burger and their concrete shake make with custard was great. Next door was a place I had not heard of; it's Rocket Fizz and it sells candy but its main goal is stocking dozens of different gourmet sodas; as I dig such a thing I was greatly excited to go in there, and I spent more money in there than I was expecting to.

Here are the 16 sodas I purchased, written down in case you are interested... and to make me remember when I go there in the future:

Rocket Fizz Christmas Mint Soda
Jones Soda Whoopass Energy Drink
Rocket Fizz Rocket Fuel Energy Drink
Dragon Tail Energy Ice Mint Blizzard With Lemon
Reading Draft Grape Smoothie (from Pennsylvania)
Sprecher Blueberry
Sprecher Puma Kola
Sprecher Cherry Cola
Olde Philadelphia Old Fashioned Orange Cream
Frostop Orange & Cream
Jelly Belly Tangerine
Sioux City Berry Berry
Mighty Mouse Blue Cream
Gene Autry Root Beer
Judge Wapner Cola; yes. I suppose that's for all the Rain Man fans out there
COCK COLA; there's a rooster on the label, but wow what a bold name

I've had the last three sodas and the Autry Root Beer was fine and so was the Wapner Cola; the COCK COLA was the best, if only because it has “a strong cola taste”, as mentioned on the label.

After that I went to Ghost Bar & Lounge. I did not experience any great times there such as random women inviting me over and being able to take a picture with all 6 of them or random drunk women dancing on my leg/lap. Still, it was a fun time there where I saw random hammered white people attempt to dance (always good for lolz), sporting events on their TV's (such as the big hockey game where Chicago won), enjoyed the live music and then the DJ that spun some tunes, and there were some very attractive women there. Good times! I wish I had more to say about it, but at least I had fun there... even with what happened when I got there, where there apparently was some sort of dance circle right by the entrance (great place for one, you know) and some tool said, “Hey, how about you jump rope!?”, and I just ignored him and walked on over to get a beer! That tool is lucky I did not give him the finger.

Sunday was dull so I'll say that I'll be back a week from today. I have an idea or two as to what I'll be doing so it should be not the most exciting blog but not a crappy one either.

No comments:

Post a Comment