Monday, August 5, 2013

The Blog Where I Had An Incredibly Awkward Saturday Night

Here's a recap in what I've done in the past week. Monday the 29th I did not do a damn thing. But, in the late night I was surprised by a big propane plant explosion that happened in the town of Tavares, which is a city that is like a half hour from where I live and a town I've driven through a number of times before. I am amazed the human toll of the accident wasn't far worse given how bad it looked from pictures and videos. Tuesday was dull so let me skip ahead to Wednesday.

Wednesday, I went to Walt Disney World. Heh heh heh. Actually, it's funny that I use such a joke, as the person I know online who lives in Illinois and I used that joke when I talked to her... for reasons, I haven't talked to her in years. Disappointing, but leave the memories alone! Anyhow, I went to Hollywood Studios as I haven't been there in awhile. It was hotter than the dickens there; in fact, I was sweating like a whore in church! I at least got some exercise in and I went on several rides. I also had dinner there. I plan on being back at Walt Disney World sometime in August and I'll go to another park... maybe the Animal Kingdom.

Thursday and Friday were dull, so I'll mention some of the interesting vehicles I've seen as of late. Just a few days ago I saw in the neighborhood a rare sight in 2013, which is a 70's Toyota Corolla wagon, and it was a brownish color. I once again saw a Tesla Model S and a Fiat 500L on the road. I did see something for the first time; I saw it in the other lane and I had no idea what it was from the front. Once it passed by I realized it was the electric car known as the Mitsubishi iMiEV; with what they've been doing in recent years I am surprised that Mitsubishi still sells cars in North America.

Saturday... oh what a night this was. I went to the local Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the UFC fights on FX and then the pay per view itself. The card from top to bottom was fine, and that was it. I won't say anything more about that, except that the people who were in attendance at BWW were into the show, which isn't always the case for even the big events. I do have to talk about something that was highly unusual. I arrived around 8 and I was drinking beer and watching the FX stuff. Suddenly I hear a blonde yell out to the bartender, “My guy friend got laid!” Yeah, she was drunk. The bartender I had known from the past and I hadn't had her wait on me for a long while. To make it clear, it wasn't the blonde who had sex with the guy friend. I am certain of that from what else I overheard in the conversation. Not that much later, that blonde invited me over; it was her and a guy she introduced as “her hubby”; I later heard they actually weren't married, but that caused confusion later on and made me think I was in an incredibly uncomfortable situation.

Pretty soon, this woman was real touchy-feely and she was doing this right in front of what I thought was her husband but in actuality was just some friend... and a guy she constantly emasculated right in front of me! I have no idea why she had such a problem with the dude but she did. She often cussed him out, dropping many F-bombs and even gave him the finger. Imagine what I was thinking when I thought they were married... a married woman was flirting with me in front of her husband and she preferred me to the husband and he stood there and take it! Like I said, I felt incredibly awkward. Oh, and she coerced me to chug a pair of margaritas with her. I was flattered by the attention but I did not find it appealing how she was treating that dude.

I really did not find it appealing when I saw her pull out a can of Skoal dipping tobacco and then started dipping and spitting! I think that cigarettes are pretty gross and chewing tobacco is even worse. I had enough of that lady and her arguing with that guy so when they went outside and she wanted me to join them, I refused. After that I only saw her one other time and that was cashing out and leaving... with someone completely different. I imagine she wasn't happy with me at that point, but I would have preferred it if she was nicer and wasn't a mean drunk.

Oh, and during the latter part of my time there, some random people sat by me and they began smoking something and I have no idea what it was. It was a portable device which looked like something you'd hold an e-cigarette in but it blew out flavored smoke as if you were smoking from a hookah. I am stumped as to what it was, but apparently it's OK to smoke it indoors.

Sunday was a dull day of rest so let me mention something. I know I've mentioned before how I've never watched Shark Week and I don't get why it's so popular. Well, I think that it finally has... jumped the shark. Sunday night they showed a documentary about what if there was a giant shark that still exists despite there being no evidence of it AND the species has been extinct for millions of years... that and there being a nightly talk show called Shark After Dark is a good sign of this, and that's just Sunday. Today, I saw that tonight's offerings were Voodoo Shark, where they talk about a legend that sounds like something from a SyFy Channel movie, and something called Sharkzilla: Sharktweeto. I have no idea what that's about and I'd prefer it that way, although I can imagine there being a Sharknado 2: Sharktweeto.

This upcoming week, besides not watching Shark Week, I have nothing planned yet. I have an idea or two but nothing is set in stone. Next week should be more exciting than this one, as I already have more than one thing planned for that. Still, I'll try to do things worth talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment