Monday, October 29, 2012

Frankenstorms, Walmart Creatures, & Ghoulishly Dumb Sports Fans

Yep, this will be another shorter than usual blog. I've had other stuff on my mind and other things are occupying my time. I won't get into those things, but today I'll have to be doing something, and hopefully I do well on it. If not... meh.

Monday, I stayed at home and relaxed. So, let me skip ahead to talking about the Monday Night Football game between the Chicago Bears and the Detroit Lions. I watched it from the comforts of home. Unfortunately, the game was really not a pleasing one to watch. A lot of offensive ineptitude on both sides. Thankfully, at least the Bears won 13-7.

Tuesday, I had free time so I was able to go out and visit some places for the first time and a familiar standby. Earlier in the year in Winter Park a Bojangles fast food restaurant opened. The only time I had eaten at one was years ago; I don't remember which city but it had to be on one of the trips I took either from Florida to Illinois or returning from Illinois back to Florida. I remembered it as being fine. I finally went there on this day, and I also thought the food was fine. Not great, but still fine. The next time I go there I won't have the roasted chicken bites, as they weren't as fantastic as I was hoping. I did have Cheerwine for the first time. That stuff is tastier than I expected. After that I went to a grocery store in Dr. Phillips I had passed by many times but never went in; it's known as The Fresh Market and the name really says it all. It's another one of those joints (it's a chain on the East Coast) that's a fan of the organic movement. I say that at least part of the movement is based on poppycock, but that's another story for another time. Some of their products are unique and they looked interesting so I got a few of them. If only I also could have gotten the rather hot brunette who was walking around in a tiny grey dress and brown boots... but she had a boyfrend with her, so no dice there. After that I went to the nearby Pinkberry; I heard they had a pumpkin flavor. They did not. Instead I had their original, with a lemon topping. That was real good.

Wednesday and Thursday were rather boring. So, let me skip ahead to Friday, where all I did was go to Walmart to pick up a few items. It's how my schedule worked out but I knew there would be plenty of people there on an early Friday evening and I was right; it also meant dealing with a whole lot of Walmart Creatures (i.e. Walcreatures); the website People of Walmart will show you why I do that particular stereotyping. While I did not see anyone who needed to be on that website due to them being a total trainwreck, I still experienced such things as yelling kids and oafish adults. Not a surprise, but it doesn't mean it was not annoying.

I would also like to mention that I am glad the heavily hyped Frankenstorm did not hit Florida. Friday was pretty windy and it cooled down this weekend, but otherwise the weather wasn't much of a factor at all. I am sure that next year the Syfy (i.e. the former SciFi) channel will have some sort of movie shown with the name Frankenstorm. You just know it'll happen, especially if the storm F's S up like it's predicted to. Also, as an aside, when I talked about that lady wrestling show I attended, I saw two different shirts inspired by the Dawn of the Dead poster. The first one was for the popular iPhone game Plants vs. Zombies, and the second was The Dude of the Dead. Yes, a Big Lebowski reference. I happen to be one of the few around my age who hate that film, but to each their own.

Sunday Sunday Sunday, I went to Friendly Confines to watch the Chicago Bears play against the Carolina Panthers. Carolina was likely better than their record and I know the Bears isn't as good as their record, where they've only had one loss. This game... a lot of it wasn't pleasing to the eye for the Bears fans. They all but had their pants pulled down due to how badly they played for a lot of it. But, they were at least able to cause field goals instead of touchdowns and when Chicago finally got it going, they were somehow able to get a win by one point. Boy were there plenty of whiny Bears fans around and that is unfortunate. I tried to be chill about it and even if they would have lost I would not have been as upset as those guys were. Then, there was the guy I've talked about before, known as TUGBOAT. From previous impressions I thought he was a jolly old wacky guy. On this day, when I had to sit not that far from him while football was on, he is just another A-hole sports fan, and a pretty bad one at that. He is a fan of the Indianapolis Colts, who have had a rough past few seasons, admittedly, but they've been better than expected this year with a high-profile rookie QB who is still a rookie, so of course he won't be picture-perfect. Man was there a lot of whining and crying on his part... and the Colts won in overtime! Yet he still seemed unhappy about it. What a massive disappointment.

After I left there, I stopped at Burger King before heading on home. Someone I know wanted food from there so I helped them out. I got mad at that place earlier this year for various reasons; my time at a BK (it was different from the other ones in the area I've visited) it took forever to make and then my simple order was screwed up. At least their limited edition White Wisconsin Cheddar Whopper and their Gingerbread shake was real good.

I'll be back a week from today. There isn't too much planned for the upcoming week but I know I'll stumble into a few things... and find enough people that will make me shake my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment