Monday, October 1, 2012

A Boring Short Blog, But I Did Pour 'em A Glass Of LOL's

I know, a bizarre title, but I did not come up with the phrase “Pour'em A Glass of LOL's” on my own. You won't believe where I got it from.

Monday... well, Monday was rather dull. I kept it on the downlow. However, in the evening I did watch part of that now controversial game between the Green Bay Packers and the Seattle Seahawks, and I did see that preposterous ending live, and I was stunned. Green Bay got shafted... and I am a fan of their big rivals, the Chicago Bears. Man did Facebook and Twitter blow up after that happened. I did contribute on the latter, retweeting funny comments about how the WWE and their Monday Night Raw was more legitimate than Monday Night Footbal, and that the XFL is also more legitimate. There was then a trend of various things that are better than the replacement refs that the league has which has been the cause of so many problems with the NFL this year and why that has turned me off; there were many funny ones along with plenty of really off-color ones. I didn't make any “too soon” remarks and instead listed some things that were better than the refs, such as Honey Boo Boo and Chris Brown. Man, Brown and Rihanna really deserve each other; what terrible human beings they are. Anyhow, that Tweet of mine got retweeted 7 times, six by random young ladies. Hmmm. I was and am flattered.

Tuesday, the only thing I did was go to Winter Garden Village where I went to Staples and picked up an item or two, then walked on over to Planet Smoothie where I picked up a beverage as I had a coupon for one for cheap. Wednesday, the only thing I did was go get a haircut. I know, pulse-pounding excitement. Thursday, the only thing I did was go with someone to a restaurant in Clermont that opened recently but I have been at one of their Orlando locations before; I am referring to Graffiti Junktion, a sports bar sort of place where you do see graffiti all over, and the food is pretty good. On this night, I enjoyed my almost-always of a burger and fries. The person I was with wasn't as big a fan of their food but that is OK.

Friday, the only thing I did was go to Walmart. I bought a few items, including some Welch juice. The flavor was Berry Pineapple Passion Juice. If you've bought any juice from Welch recently, they have various random phrases on the top of the packaging. I did not see this until I got home, but the phrase on top of this particular container of juice... “Pour'em A Glass of LOL's” I couldn't believe it. I can't explain what the phrase means or how Welch's products will make you laugh out loud or why you want such a thing to happen. Still, at least it made me LOL.

Saturday was another dull day where all I did was watch the UFC show from England, both on Facebook and then Fuel TV. It was really good, quality-wise. Name-wise it wasn't huge but that is OK. Sunday, finally I have something to write about. The Bears don't play until tonight (who knows how that'll go) but I still went to Friendly Confines in the late afternoon, in order to watch the late games and have dinner. It was the usual there. You know, some meatheads that I try to ignore but more often than not I am able to laugh at their total drama queen ways instead of being too annoyed at them. There were some fun games to watch too, so that was nice.

I did witness a phenomenon for the first time, and it involved D-bags who I figured were D-bags as soon as I saw them. I know, I stereotype too much... this time it was founded, as it usually is. I did not know of this until last year when I heard it discussed on a podcast, but if you're a college dude and you are “getting Iced” it means that a bottle of Smirnoff Ice is presented to you in a surprising or “clever” way. You show it to someone and tell them you're Iced, and that person has to get down on one knee to at least chug part of it. I am not making this up. They certainly never did this sort of thing when I was in college in Illinois back in the Stone Age. There's always the trick with the bottle of beer where if your buddy's beer almost full and you take the bottom of your bottle and tap the top of the other person's bottle, your buddy's beer will foam up and they have to slam it down to avoid a mess. Never happened to me but I saw it quite a few times and I am sure it's still done now. My stereotyping of those guys was proven right when I saw them do an Icing on one of their own. I can't believe I got to see it with my own eyes.

When I post my blog next week, I am sure it will be more eventful than this one. I'll have two Bears games to at least mention, and on Sunday they'll be up in Jacksonville to play the Jaguars. My plans for that game... uncertain as of now. It may be a big roadtrip for me and it may not. You'll have to wait until next Monday to find out what I ended up doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment